Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Aleron
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:10 pm   

#TRIGGER question

I am modifying Rainchilds TellWindow triggers, but have a question about something he/she did. His triggers look like this:

#TRIGGER {^* {@comms}*: "%*"$} {#CAP 1 Tells} {Windoze} 517

My question is about the 517 on the end. What does that do? I'm guessing it is an option. I could not find an explanation of what that does/means in the help file (not to say its not there). Could anyone help shed some light on this for me?

EDIT:

While we're at it, lets see if I can get two other questions answered. I don't understand the %* wildcard Rainchild is using. I can't find it referenced in the zMUD help file. How does it differ from just using *?

The other question I have is this. I modified the trigger listed above to look like this:

#TRIGGER {^* tells you: "%*"$} {#CAP 1 tell} {Windoze} 517

When I change it like this, I now receive 2 copies of the matched text in my tell window. Why might this be happening? What about removing that variable expression causes it to match twice? Thanks again guys.
Maelstrom
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:47 pm   

I dont know what the 517 is either...

The %* pattern is used to match every character (including special characters). Example:
#ONINPUT {^~'(%*)} {say %1}
'hello;test

will send
say hello
test
to the MUD

In regards to the double I would make sure you dont accidently have two copies of the trigger in memory at the same time.
Aleron
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:34 pm   

Indeed it turned out I had 2 copies of the trigger in memory (how silly). Thanks for pointing of the overlooked and obvious :). However, the whole 517 thing is still a mystery to me...
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:05 pm   

I've seen old scripts from back in the 4.x and under days and I always saw the #'s
Always wondered about them. Was told once, and damned if i remeber what they meant.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:52 pm   

Those numbers were used for options back in the old days, around version 5.x. If you get the script fixed up and working, then you should probably post an update to it in the Finished scripts forum. The %* was never and will never be documented. It used to be used to open a trigger up to capture all special characters, but should never be needed anymore since about version 7.0/
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:44 am   

eerrrrr.....i use %* still...what should be used in exchange for it?
I use it as a wild card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: