Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Goldenchild

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:50 am   

Illusion defence

Ok I'm having problems with an IRE mud's illusion setup... what I want to do is gag the lines that occur between my prompts if it sees this

** Illusion **

and this is what my prompt looks like

H:246 M:236 E:942 W:1308 <eb>

And I really don't kow how to approach it as mostly the the illusions will be an illusion of an attack and two afflictions ie.

Joeblow pricks you twice in rapid succession with his dirk.
A cold sweat overtakes you, your skin suddenly turning pale and clammy.
Terror takes hold, as a numb sensation overcomes your body.
** Illusion **

The ** Illusion ** denotes that its an illusion and not an actual attack. The ** Illusion ** can be displayed before the actual illusion or after sometimes both but it always occurs between prompts. So I figured if I could somehow set it up so that it was gagged if it picked up the ** Illusion ** then I could effectively rid myself of picking up false afflictions. Any help is appreciated, Thanks
DeReP
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:08 pm   

I'm not sure how to gag text Before a pattern is matched, but when you receive the illusion before the actual illusion I guess #GAGON #GAGOFF should help out

#TRIGGER {^~*~* Illusion ~*~*} {#GAGON;#TEMP {^H:%d} {#GAGOFF 0}}

Maybe something with #GAG -x to gag prior lines, but you'd have to know how many lines in battle that was and determine if the ILUSSION was before or after the battle Output.
Goldenchild

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:19 pm   

Is there a way to have my prompt as a "start" trigger then have it count the lines until the next prompt the "end" trigger and if it receives the ** Illusion ** message #gag it all?
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:32 am   

If you're just looking for a way to not track the afflictions when it's marked as an illusion, you can do that by setting up temporary variables for the afflictions and only making them real afflictions at the next prompt. If you see the illusion message before the afflictions, turn off your affliction triggers completely. If you see it after, reset your temporary affliction variables so that nothing is added to your list of afflictions on the prompt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: