Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:56 pm   

Strange characters on the command-line

When I have text on my command-line, switch to a different app, switch back to zMUD and try to type something else, I sometimes get junk characters. Occassionally, it even changes the font (from Courier to something like Arial) temporarily until I enter/clear that command.

Is anyone else seeing random stray characters in their command-line?
Private
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:17 am   

Only once so far, my " was turned into some block character, restarted zmud and haven't seen it since
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:27 am   

I have installed the last several versions of zMUD, as they were released, and I still see this problem. It doesn't seem to be easily isolated as to how I got it to screw up my characters, but I'm guessing it's related to the spellchecking?

The junk characters aren't even printable ones. It's not changing a 'p' into a 'w' or anything. It puts a « or some Chinese character in the edit field. It only changes the first character, and often the font will switch to some random other font. It's very strange and annoying. Any chance for a fix here?

(I haven't submitted it as a bug yet, hoping to find out if others have had this problem first.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: