Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Firey
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:20 pm   

Zmud speed

Lately I've seen my Zmud speed to be a lot slower..... it takes longer time before the text gets to it then before... I thought it might be cause of too many triggers or something like that...

Is there anyway to make my zmud work faster?
...{chris}...
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:05 pm   

I'd run anti-virus scans, spyware checker, download FreeMem and run that. FreeMem will free up some unused RAM in the background. I'd also close any programs that dont need to be running. zMUD can use alot of resources especially with a ton of script in the background. zMUD was running slow for me and after I did all of this, it was running little faster.

-Chris
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:56 pm   

Try switching situational triggers off. Like trigger group that only works in one area, put them in one class, put #T+ in speedwalk to there, and #T- back, triggers dealing with parties only on when in a party, things like that.
With lots of triggers on at all times, do a revision, leave only what you really need.
If really desperate, consider doing deltree windows and program files and documents and settings and a fresh windows install. Even if you dont have some new virus/spyware that your scanner cant find, chances are it will help a little, all windows versions are notorious for clogging down over time.
If all else fails, upgrade hardware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: