Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
LogixSR79

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:19 am   

Combining Paths

In lew of creating variables for each path, which isn't a big deal just extra steps i'd rather not take if i dont have to, is there a way to combine multiple paths into a single one.

reason I ask is I have constructed a fairly advanced bot for the mud i play on and it relies on paths to get around and fight through areas, etc... and at any particular level range im probably using 5(give or take) paths at a time and so far just manually connected the paths into one path and ran that path. I know how it can be done with variables, thats no biggie just have not found any particular way to combine them, i tried experimenting with pathexpand/pathcompress but as far as I can tell it does not have the capabilities I am in search of.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:42 am   

#PATH is the command for saving (and creating? I don't remember that part...) a path. If it works without having to actually walk the path, you should be able to finagle a %concat() statement into it at the part where it asks you for the directions.

But, if that doesn't work you could always build your own alias/function to do this same thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:30 am   

yea i ended up just saving the paths to variables and using this for part of my walker portion:

#SLOW {%pathcompress( %pathexpand( @Home)|%pathexpand( @hauntedforest)|%pathexpand( @home)|%pathexpand( @firebladecastle)|RouteDone)}

its seems to work very very well and am able to include other aliases and what not where it was kinda dirty before including the recall and routedone stuff in the path itself now i just store the path to the area and to walk the area in a single var(for each area) and add my recall function(which is stored in a var as well) between areas and then call my path complete alias at the end...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: