Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
raivenloth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:45 pm   

Access Violation

I use while loops for checking variables against an array, and all of a sudden they quit working and ended up doing unending loops, disabling triggers failed to stop them, in fact I could do nothing but close zmud and restart. I couldn;t find why it did this. It even would spam stuff through my status window.

Error is as follows
Access Violation at address 0073378E in module 'Zmud.exe'. Write of address 00000CF8
Zmud Version 7.05

I have tried the steps for corrupted settings, it didn't work.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
misterbalrog
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:07 pm   

I have access violation coming up for me if I've been running zMUD for quite some time. I think zMUD dislikes running for several weeks in a row and then having to close down. Cuz whenever I wanna close down by then, zMUD hangs up or displays that access violation stuff :P

Perhaps it's smth of the sort for you? Or was it at any time that you got it? Completely random or is there a common situation that may trigger it?
raivenloth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:49 pm   

it happens after the while loop bugs and I have to close zmud
misterbalrog
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:28 pm   

Could you post the trigger in question? That has the while loop?
raivenloth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:03 pm   trigger

this is the relevant portion, I know this one works, but I have not tried this one since the problems with the others have occured. This is part of a trigger set that I don't use daily. But from this one I just rename the variables. I deleted the one in question but it was the same as the following with just renamed variables.

When the trigger malfunctions it doesn;t start,
#var count 0
#co 15
#while (count < @partysize) {
#if {%1 = %arrget( partypopulation, @count)} {#var partymember 1}
#add count 1
}
--------------------------------------------------------------------
While looking at this I noticed an error, #while (count < @partysize) should not work, should need @count < @party size, but I believe it was working, which is wierd. Anyhow, if using this trigger it will cause big problems in zmud instead of failing. And it will not stop if you turn off triggers, it just continues to loop.
misterbalrog
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:47 pm   

and that the IF statement uses the wrong brackets. should be paranthesis for the statement, and brackets for the commands. Don't know if that's one of the things that's messing it up for ye...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: