Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Delphi03
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:15 am   

One Final Trigger Question

Alright, this one may actually be a toughie, as my last few seemed (thankfully) quickly resolved and I thank you all for helping.

The MUD sends a string that can be triggered with this pattern (followed with example):

Code:
^%s%d.%d%s%d$

ie:       123499.9  0

Always 7 spaces, then any number of digits, decimal place, digit, always 2 spaces, 1 digit.

The first grouping of digits (1234) is the amount of gold I am carrying.
The second grouping of digits (99.9) is the percent of experience towards my next level.
The final digit is my off-balance time (already taken care of thanks to LightBulb's help)

Herein lies the problem: If my experience only stays in the ones place, the format changes

Code:
       123459.9  0

or

123450.5  0

for having 9.9% and 0.5% respectively--> it drops the tens to send out less data (albeit not much). Is it possible to set up a trigger to monitor this and its changes (gold and experience)...if it's not possible, I can understand, as I can easily see how it would be hard to make a patter/split the digits. The only command I have available to me to view the experience would be SCORE and it's about a page worth of data that I don't want to trigger against and gag, because it would kill the bandwidth as well as the speed of zMUD I believe.

Thanks all in advance!
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:20 am   

How do you know that in the first example, you don't have 12349 gold and 9.9% experience? Or in the second example, how can you be sure that you don't have 1234 gold and 59.9% or 50.5% experience? I suppose this is the point of your difficulty.

If there's really no way to tell, I'd try something like this untested:
Quote:
#TR { (%d).(%d) %d} {checkgold = %left(%1,%eval(%len(%1)-1))
#IF (@checkgold>%eval(@gold+reasonable max gold gain)) {gold=%left(%1,%eval(%len(%1)-2));exp=%concat(%right(%1,2),.,%2)} {gold=%left(%1,%eval(%len(%1)-1));exp=%concat(%right(%1,1),.,%2)}
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:48 pm   

The best I can think of is to provide both possibilities and let you figure out which is correct.
Code:
#TR {       (%d).(%d)  (%d)} {#VAR gold1 {%leftback( %1, 1)};#VAR gold2 {%leftback( %1, 2)};#VAR exp1 {%rightback( %1, 1).%2};#VAR exp2 {%rightback( %1, 2).%2}}
#ST {gold:@gold1 exp:@exp1 OR gold:@gold2 exp:@exp2}

Most scripts in this forum are written for Command Line entry.
Don't even open the Settings Editor unless its use is specified or obvious.
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:54 am   

Ooo... I forgot about the %rightback and %leftback functions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: