Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Daneel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:34 am   

Automapper Prompt Detection Problem

Hello!

I have a little problem, which is probably mud specific. I have set up the automapper to work correctly, at least most of the time.

Problem Statement:

My prompt looks like this:

54AP>

So when I enter a direction, e.g. w for west, it looks like this:

54AP> w

and is correctly parsed and interpreted by the automapper.

So far so good, but sometimes there are additional lines of text below my prompt, e.g. from the info channel or if my character doesn't feel too well, then my prompt looks like that:

54AP>
Info: Kurzi just entered the mud.
You are thirsty, you do not feel that well.

If I enter a direction at this time, it will look like this:

54AP>
Info: Kurzi just entered the mud.
You are thirsty, you do not feel that well.
w

and it will not get parsed correctly by the automapper.

Solution Attempts:

I tried to move any text not leaded by the prompt to a seperate window (using #CAP and #GA commands). This worked, however I got an empty line for each line of text moved, so it resulted in the same problem, my prompt looked like that:

54AP>

w

and was again parsed incorrectly.

The "manual" solution for this is to just press enter in the mud before going into a direction. This will make the prompt show up again and it is parsed correctly.

However, as you know, often much text scrolls by and pressing enter everytime is a hassle. It's even more invonvinient as I now check the map all the time to see if it works, which draws away my attention from the mud ...

Anyways, I'd really appreciate some help on this. The behavious stated above seems to be the same for many kinds of muds which I have visited lately, so someone must have thought of a solution for this :-))

Thanks, best regards,
Michael
Daneel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:16 am   

I just thought of two possible solutions for my problem. But they are both not very elegant and I have the strong feeling that I'm missing an obvious, simple solution to the problem stated above.

I couldn't try them out yet. Anyways, here they are:

a) In another post someone said that the editor can prepend something to every line automatically. Maybe this is also possible for everything I enter? That way I could prepend everything I enter automatically by some text which looks like the prompt to the automapper ... which may solve my problem?

b) I could try to write a trigger which does just this, i.e. everytime I write "southeast", the trigger captures this and prepends the string which looks like a prompt. But I don't think this would work, because then my char would probably move southeast twice...

All the best,
Michael
Falan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:06 am   

You mentioned pressing <Enter> will give you back your prompt. Why not #TRIGGER those lines to send a #CR?
That's still rather crude, so hopefully someone with more knowledge regarding mapper configurations can provide a succinct solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: