Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:03 am   

Is there a function to turn the automapper on and off?

Perhaps I'm being blind, but I can't find any command or function to change the automapper mode! I'm using zMUD 7.05.

I want to turn the automapper off (or perhaps to Follow from Explore) automatically when I press flee. I've found a function to lock the map (%maplocked), but this doesn't help because even when the map is locked, the mapper can create new rooms. Also, when I try and move when the map is locked after I've pressed flee, it sometimes doesn't let me (presumably because it's still set to Explore and it can't modify a room, which it think it needs to do, because it doesn't know where I am, as I've just fled to another room).

Also, I occasionally have this problem (the mapper not letting me move in the mud) even when the map is not locked... Does anyone know what might cause that?

While I'm on the subject... I've configured the automapper to work fine for exploring, but the #Look command, and presumably hence the #Find command, aren't working. I used to have them working fine on version 4.62 of zMUD, but that was completely different. I have a trigger that is 100% reliable and does #TAG prompt, because I found the automatic configuration was unreliable at detecting my prompt. My #LOOK command is "examine", which gives the Room Name on the first line, and the room description plus any mobs or objects on subsequent lines, then a blank line and then the mud prompt. On zMUD 4.62 (and 5.x, I think), one could specify the configuration separately for Brief parsing, Full parsing and Look parsing. Now there is nowhere I can set configure look mode, and I expect it's looking for my exit line keyword, but this is only generated on entry to a room, not when type LOOK or EXAMINE. Does anyone have any ideas for fixing this? If this could be fixed then I could do a #FIND after fleeing, so then I wouldn't need to turn the mapper off (provided it worked).

Many thanks.
fred@kuzel.ca
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:14 am   

I won't get into the rest of your post but as far as turning off the mapper you just have to run the menu commands:

#MENU {Mapper|File|Map Creation Mode}
#MENU {Mapper|File|Follow Mode}
and I assume
#MENU {Mapper|File|Map Off} -- Never Used

etc...

cheers,

Uziel
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:38 am   

Thanks Uziel - that's a start - I'll use that for now.

Seb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: