Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
HollyC
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:13 pm   

Split-screen

When you scroll up through the screen-buffer in ZMud, the game window splits so that you can continue to monitor what's happening at that moment in the game while you review what's in the buffer.

Is there any way to disable this? Achaea has an engine where you can play games of chess while in the realm, with all the same rules and pieces as real chess. It even gives an ASCII-graphical display of the chessboard and piece position on command.

Unfortunately, even at an 800x600 monitor setting, the entire display won't fit in my game window. The very top row is scrolled off of the screen. Attempting to scroll up to view this back row forces the screen to split and makes it very difficult to study that display properly by scrolling up and down to view the whole 'board.'

Is there any way to disable the split-screen in vertical scrolling?

Holly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:32 pm   

It may not help, but I find dragging the split screen position to the bottom works makes the window work like a normal scrolly window.

Also the CTRL-Z shortcut turns on and off the split screen.

Craig
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:04 pm   

The other thing I can think of is to go to VIEW->Preferences and change your output window font settings to a lower pitch. Makes everything smaller and therefore can fit more on the screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: