Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
thargy
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:29 pm   

Window layout - command line/status bar state unsaved

I'm having problems with the window layout, (zMud 7.05).

Having got my windows set out exactly as I want them, saving the layout and locking it, whenever I restart zMud insists on adding a status bar and command line to all my capture windows on restart.

I've looked through the documentation (e.g. #MAKEWINDOW) but can't find a way to remove the command line and status bar from select windows (unless there's a way involving #MENU?) programatically, plus it would be rather inelegant. I've tried all kinds of combinations of preferences to no avail.

At the moment I have to go through each window (about 10) of them, removing the status bar and command line from each, every time I restart.

Really it would be nice if zMud saved the command line/status bar settings for each window when it saved the layout (using the save layout) command. That would seem to make most sense. In the meantime any suggestions?

Craig
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:25 pm   

The commandline and status bar information is stored in the settings (.mud) file for each window.

After you get everything arranged the way you want it, give each window focus then open the settings editor for that window, then File|Save.
thargy
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:33 pm   

Hey thanks, that fixed it perfectly!

Craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: