Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Apollyon
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:39 am   

Just wondering

I know i can open .bak and .mud files using notepad, and see a sembalence of what my triggers, aliases, variables, etc. look like in script. i was wondering if there is a program that opens up those types of files so that it looks like

#trigger {action} {reaction} {class}
#alias {input} {output} {class}

etc.

just wondering cause i have this nifty flash drive and i want to work on writing triggers adn stuff while at work, thereby doing something useful.

this all leads to the next questions, if there is such a program, is there a "backwards" step so i can take a text file full of the above and just make it a .bak or.mud ( i think bak is triggers and such i just dont know tho ).

i simply ask this becuase i know i could copy and paste into the command line if i write triggers but it would be nice to take the ones i already ahve and modify them then import them without the copying and pasteing

always in persuit of laziness

(forgive any grammitical or spelling errors, or lingo, i just dont care enough to write properly) Wink

hugs and kisses
Jellybear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:47 am   

Under the settings menu, you can import .txt files and export your .mud file to text files....
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:58 am   

wow, that was easy, ok something a bit tougher for you now, how about if when i am writing new triggers and i decide that i can delete a couple of them along with some aliases and such, when i import they are still there.... do i have to go through manually and delete, or is there a way to completely erase a mud file's trigger and such in order to make it all blank so when i import it is all the triggers and things that i wasnt?

thanks again jellybear
Jellybear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:33 am   

Settings:New... from the file menu will irreversibly delete all your settings, so back up first, but that should do what you want, and of course, from the command line, #KILLALL should work. Wink
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:54 pm   

you rock, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: