Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hykou
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:03 am   

%ansi with #substitute

i play materiamagica and the score command sometimes gets spammy... i wanna fix all fo that... but i want color to make it look nice... ive gotten this so far,
#TRIGGER {Vitality: %1/%2} {#SUBSTITUTE "Vit.-----%1/%2"} is what i got... with %ansi i tried...
#TRIGGER {Vitality: %1/%2} {#SUBSTITUTE "%ansi(red)Vit.%ansi(white)<----->%ansi(green)%1/%2"} that doesnt work... anyone know what to do? and if there is a list of colors i could use also. thank you
Jellybear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:54 am   

get rid of the quotes <"> and put in brackets <{> <}>, then it will evaluate
as far as the list of colors, I'm not sure, I always use the numerical values
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:04 am   

for the colors just look up the help files on your mud, i have played severl seperate muds only to find that there is no universal mud color code. You might want to look it up under:
Help color
help smart color
help (just the word alone should bring up a list of the most common help folders)

a lot of muds use the & symbol as a way to designate the beginning of a new color you have to go in teh preferenceds and disable the use of the & symbol since it is used by default by zmud for somehting or another. Try out &W for white and &R for red and so on and so forth. I find that & is most commonly used, onlder circle muds use \c00 through \c23 i think. i have also seen % used and *. ask your muds admins as well , they tend to know stuff
hykou
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:57 am   

actually... this works fine... me and a bud worked it out... thanks guys!
#TRIGGER {Vitality: %1/%2} {#SUBSTITUTE %ansi(bright,red)Vit:%ansi(bright,white)-----%ansi(bright,green)%1/%2}
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:59 am   

Using MXP:

#TRIGGER {Vitality: (%d)/(%d)} {#SUB {~<color red>Vit.~</color>~<color white>"<----->"~</color>~<color olivedrab>%1/%2~</color>hello}}

Colornames for MXP can be found by opening the list box on the color picker, found on the zmud help menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: