Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Thufir
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:27 pm   

Speedwalking through the automapper...

I have created a map covering (so far) about 60% of a mud. Some areas are rather high level, with aggressive mobs - but aggressive on this mud normally don't attack if you are hidden, sneaking, and invisible, as most can't see through all of it. So that's how the map was made. But if I start to speedwalk through, and don't realize it's taking me through these high level areas .. I get attacked. If there's a way to set the mapper to avoid these areas, I'll still have the complete map but won't have this problem.

Does a way exist to exclude some areas/rooms from speedwalking if you use the automapper (Right click/speedwalk to room, or Right click/save path)? Obviously the room exits can be unlinked and that'll fix it. I'd rather not do that unless I have to.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:14 pm   

There is the do-not-enter flag for rooms
and you can also set it with an obscenly high cost as the mapper looks for the shortest possible route cost wise
Thufir
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:30 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by nexela

There is the do-not-enter flag for rooms
and you can also set it with an obscenly high cost as the mapper looks for the shortest possible route cost wise

I completely forgot about the do-not-enter flag *smack self* .. didn't know about the cost though, I'll keep that in mind for a few things later. Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: