Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Y3KPanic
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:45 pm   

The "In" and "Out" Exits on Automapper

I'm not sure if it's just me, but automapper doesn't seem to recognize the directions in and out. For those of you who have successfully mapped Achaea, is there a script to add the directions in?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:54 pm   

The in and out exits cause problems for everyone mapping Achaea. You can define them with the #DIRECTION command if you want, but generally you are better off using the MapDir character (default of >) to map them.

The syntax at the command line is '>command>what direction you want the room placed'. For example ">in>e" would send the "in" command then map the room to the east. The exit would set as direction Other with the OtherCom set to "in". You change the exit direction to be east and zMud will make the conversion for you, this is useful for keypad walking. Whether you change it or not zMud will detect the usage of whatever command is used in the OtherCom field to determine movement.
Y3KPanic
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:58 am   

Thank you. I will try that.
Curlay
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:01 pm   

What if there's a room already where you want to do? Like I want to climb steps up and down, and I've already created both rooms.. when I add a new link I don't know how to change the exit to room. :)
Curlay
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:34 pm   

I'm sorry.. Also..

I rolled up my map, and now it's not rollin back down no matter how many times I click on the roll up/down button. :/

I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, please let me know.
Theragil
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:20 am   

Try rolling down (be sure the arrow points up) and then resize the window. Could be that the rolled-down size happens to be the same size as the rolled-up size.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: