Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Voland
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:34 pm   

walk scripts in rooms

Hi.
I have an interesting(as i see it) problem with the mapper.
so here is an example. all i have are 2 rooms a, and b 0-0
they are seperated by a locked door. if i am in room a i want F1 to stand for 'unlock east door'. if i am in room 2 i want it to stand for 'unlock west door'. now at first it seems very easy. In room properties i put '#cla I_am_in_west_room 1;#cla I_am_in_west_room 0', the classes of course containing #key F1 {unlock //the needed dir// room). BUt this wont work. because if i get to room a, i have F1 standing for 'unlock east door' and i press 'e' i get the walk script for room b executed and f1 now stands for 'unlock west door'. in reality, i got the message 'the door is locked', the mapper didnt move me, but because it executes the walk script before i enter room b, F1 still stands for the wrong key. putting the unlock into the direction also wont work, cause i might have the key in a pack or on the ground or whatever. The next solution that came to me is to not put this in walk scripts, but rather trigger directly off room names. however, i am not able to do it, because apparently(correct me if i am wrong) the mapper does not allow those triggers to work. Of course in reality the example is much more complicated and it would be very helpful if someone helped me to get this to work.
thanks.
So basically i am asking if its possible to either prevent walk scripts in room properties from firing before i get confirmation from the mud that i entered the room, or a way to override the inability to
trigger off room names.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:09 am   

If Im understanding you correctly Use Room Scripts The are Active from the time you get #OK(room name/desc match) till you get #OK from the next room. Read the Support topic for speedwalking on how to use speed walking. http://www.zuggsoft.com/library/speedwalking.htm

Also instead of Disabling and reneabling classes just use this in the room script and get rid of all the classes. (Settings created with the Room script are deleted when you get the #OK for the next room)
#KEY F1 {unlock east door}

thats an F then a 1 not the F1 KEY (when it makes the macro using the F1 key will call it)
Voland
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 am   

yeah i see i was using the walk script instead of room script. thanks..
Mascarvin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:04 pm   Room link

It may be I misunderstand what it is you want to do, but this works rather well for me when I just want something to be done passing between rooms.

In the field for "other" just type what you want to do passing through that link in that direction.

Say you wish to go from a->b

Make sure there's an east link, but in other type
unlock east door;e

And everytime you hit east it will do all that. Reverse for the west link in room b of course. Works very well :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: