Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ZooMetropolis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:55 pm   

Aliases and Variables

I am trying to use an alias to add an item to a stringlist, so I am using #ADDITEM Var %1

But the problem is that my variable is not in the root directory and i don't want it there, so how would i manage to do it?

ADDED:

Is it possible to create an alias in a different class? how do i use it?

MORE ADDED: :p

Ok, I switched to what I was doing before and it works now. (it wasn't working because the class was disabled, any way to do it when class is disabled?)

I was doing this:
#VAR Var {%additem( %1, @Var)} {_nodef} {ClassName}
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:30 pm   

1. Create the variable in the class where you want it. #ADDITEM will look for existing variables before creating a new one.

2. You create an alias in a different class by supplying the classname in the class field of the #ALIAS command or by selecting the desired class in the settings editor before clicking the New button. You use such an alias the same way you use any other alias.

3. No, if the class is disabled the settings in it won't be seen. However, it is possible to enable the class before issuing the #ADDITEM or #VARIABLE command and disable it afterward.
#IF %class( ClassName) {#ADDI Var %1} {#T+ ClassName;#ADDI Var %1;#T- ClassName}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: