host gs3dev.simutronics.net|GS3
port 10521

but i cannot get it to log on.

any help?

cheers Naz
scyren
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:47 am   

Well, not knowing anything about this might be the answer here, but I seem to remember someone logging onto DR The Fallen when it was still in testing (3 days before public release actually) and Simu got rather upset....Maybe it's related to that? Unless you're supposed to be able to log on, which changes everything ;)

Wijet
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:05 am   

quote:
Originally posted by scyren

Well, not knowing anything about this might be the answer here, but I seem to remember someone logging onto DR The Fallen when it was still in testing (3 days before public release actually) and Simu got rather upset....Maybe it's related to that? Unless you're supposed to be able to log on, which changes everything ;)

Wijet

nope should be able to log on

i posted oin the gs boards but the only player who answered played a while ago with zmudd, and i dont understand his answer as i havnt been using zmudd that long

if someone could explain that to me it would be appreciated

"Ok sorry about not replying much to yer email las night, I postin this here in case others have problems-

When you download the file from clicking on Go Play, and playing with the wizard you will get something like this-

UPPORT=XXX
GAME=XXX
GAMECODE=XX
FULLGAMENAME=XXXXXXXXXX
GAMEFILE=XXXXXXX
GAMEHOST=XXXXXXXX
GAMEPORT=XXXXX
KEY=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sorry for deleting the info in the fields but I didnt know how much was considered protected information so I only left the fields.

In that file the fields "GAMEHOST" corresponds to the IP address you need to connect to, and GAMEPORT corresponds to the port I believe, I could be wrong someone can feel free to correct me on any of this since it has been quite a while since I did any of this, I really havent had a need to use Zmud at all. The only other really important thing is the KEY field which needs to be transmitted to the game once you are connected(NOTE when you first connect it will do nothing until it recieves two values, one of which being the KEY field the other being a string that identifies what you are using to connect with, I forget the order you musttransmit them) Essentially for the basics without any of the bells and whistles if you transmit the KEY twice you should be fine to connect. If the GAMEPORT field doesnt appear to work you can try the UPPORT, I jus forget which one it is you will need, sorry. Hope that helps you and anyone else using any other Fe to connect to Simu Games.

Seablade and Seablaede
The Ashrim

And for the record and any wanna be hackers out there, the GAMEHOST ip address does NOT correspond to the server of GS or any other Simu game. Dont try anything stupid

Did you notice that we've changed the behaviour of some browsers when choosing to save the data from the "goplay.asp" script?

It used to be that it would be saved as goplay_wizard.asp (or goplay_something.asp) by default, and then it was hard to just double-click on that, or edit it in a text editor, etc.

Now, it is suggested to save under "character name.sal", which does two things:

names it for the character selected,

and has the proper extension that double-clicking might actually run the launcher that runs the wizard (or stormfront etc).

Andy"
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:19 pm   

If the developers of GS4 intended you to be one of their testers, they would give you whatever instructions you needed to log on. Since they haven't, you probably aren't welcome.
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:38 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb

If the developers of GS4 intended you to be one of their testers, they would give you whatever instructions you needed to log on. Since they haven't, you probably aren't welcome.

All GS players are able to access the test server as it is in stage 2 alpha testing currently where the players are suppose to be finding bugs for the GMs, i can log on with the wizard front end, just not with zmudd

Nazradin
Anabasis
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:00 am   

The instructions that the player gave you are essentially correct. If you can get the connection to the server, you can get in.

When you connect to Simu's servers, a tiny little text file is downloaded (although it doesn't use a .txt extension). Open that file to get your key. You used to be able to rightclick on the 'play with' buttons to get the file, but I'm not sure you can anymore.

Before Zugg added Simu support, you would connect to the server, which would leave you at what was basically a blank window. You paste in the hexidecimal key (everything on the line after KEY=) from the file, and hit enter twice.

Ana
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: