Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:08 am   

why does zmud mess up the script?

When I am typing in the editor I find that sometimes when my program starts to get long and wraps from side to side that the editor wii mess up and put stuff in the wrong spot.

This happens alot when I am going back into a script to make large changes and can be quit frustrating.

example

trigger
#TRIGGER {(%w) says ~'{@phrase}~'} {#t- triggers;#t- bank;#t+ ybank;gold;#var ewplayer "";#var ewplayer %1;#var anned "";#var anned %ismember(@lowplayer,@lobnnedlist);#if !@banned=0 {%item(@lannedphrase,%random(1,3))} {Thanks for stoping;wallets cost @ice for 1 bucket;The next pizzapie is on @atetime;When you give me money I will give you the parifial amount of checkens and return any changed owed;Please be Visiable or you will just be making a donation;I am ready when you are}}

now say i wanted to make a change to: #if !banned=0 statment

%item(@lannedphrase,The next pizzapie is on @atetime
is what will happen when it wraps and i will end up on the next line down in the wrong spot still typing becase i don't look up very much.

any ideas?

bug?

win xp pentium 4 dell
Lalaynya
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:59 pm   

I'm pretty sure it's the syntax checker doing this, and yes it is rather annoying. No real suggestions other than to try it with the syntax checker turned off, and see if it goes away.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:05 pm   

I think it's more the pretty printer's fault. It creates a formatted line with a slightly different length than the plain text version the checker gets, so one might be slightly confusing the other.
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:01 pm   

Thank you both, I do not use the pretty print becaus of that reason but I did not think to turn off the syntax eroor corecting.
I will try that and see if it helps, thanks again to both of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: