Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Talkryn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:08 am   

Unable tofigure out variable wierdness

I don't know why, but for some reason, a variable I am editing, keeps getting copied and placed in a disabled class instead of editing the already exisiting one.

Pattern: You flee (*).

#if %1=west {@direction = east}
#if %1=east {@direction = west}
#if %1=up {@direction = down}
#if %1=down {@direction = up}
#if %1=north {@direction = south}
#if %1=south {@direction = north}

For some reason @direction gets created and made in several classes, noticeably disabled classes. (I turn classes on and off to instruct proper spells to cast etc.) Can anyone tell me why it would be making new variables instead of editing the existing one?
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:00 am   

#TRIGGER {you flee (%w).} {#if %1="west" {#var direction east};#if %1="east" {#var direction west};#if %1="north" {#var direction south};#if %1="south" {#var direction north};#if %1="up" {#var direction down};#if %1="down" {#var direction up};#if %1="northwest" {#var direction southeast};#if %1="northeast" {#var direction southwest};#if %1="southeast" {#var direction northwest};#if %1="southwest" {#var direction northeast}}

This is the way that should probably look like, what you need to do was set your variable.

Well good luck cut and past and have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: