Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Twigg
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:33 pm   

Gahhh! Help!

I am trying desperatly to understand how to use Zmud. I would love to write some triggers for my mage to do battle with. Can someone just point me in right direction...for just starting to learn?

Michele Hawley
UnderSeven
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:47 pm   

Have you tried the help files that come with zmud? They're amazingly helpful, though I admit sometimes a little confusing. You should do your best to work with this on your own, at least untill you can come up with some more specific questions. There is just much information to cover with a general inquiry about how to use triggers, especially when it is documented extensively.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:48 pm   

quote:

I am trying desperatly to understand how to use Zmud. I would love to write some triggers for my mage to do battle with. Can someone just point me in right direction...for just starting to learn?

Michele Hawley

1)open Settings Editor, click help, choose any topic (lots of overview, if you want code-related help you'll have to navigate through the help file features)

2)open character MUD window (the one you see when you connect to a mud), click help, then click either Function Wizard or Command Wizard. They both lead to the same window, so it really doesn't matter. Scroll down the list until you get to the one you want and click the More Help button. Syntax and sometimes code examples will appear.

3)post details of your problem and/or mud output (when appropriate) and ask more questions on the boards. We Who Code don't read minds, but we can do tricks with Zscript like you wouldn't believe.

4)if you're a little shy or unsure about the boards, you can send private emails to any poster who has that enabled in his/her zuggsoft.com user account. Simply click on that person's account name and details should appear.

5)search the forums for code snippets or entire finished projects that relate to your problem. You can then fiddle with that stuff on your own time and ask questions later when you run into problems.

I think I covered all the ways one can start learning the zmud scripting language.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Twigg
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:42 am   

Thank-you...I will take the suggestions and return armed with a lot more questions!

Michele Hawley
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: