Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mimique6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:24 am   

"Dual Booting" zMud 6.16 & 6.4

Hello, again.

I recently registered zMud 6.40 using the internal ordering system (which worked pretty well) and ended up with a recipt which included an Order ID and what I assume to be a Key (long, four digits seperated by hyphens)

I do quite a bit of developent work in zMud scripting for friends, and due to the consistancy in *.MUD files not being backwards combatable and growing tired of explaining how to load ascii settings, I am curious if anyone could suggest how to install 6.16 and get it licensed. (if I understand it right, this should count as legal.. If not, I'm sorry for wasting your time)

I tried installing it in another directory, and entering my Order ID & What I assumed to be the code, and getting an error. (Errored with code 501. This order ID was not found on the license servers.)

I am cutting and pasting directly from the recipt gained from licensing zMud6.4

Any help would be most appreciated.

~Mimique

Is it bad when Zmud plays more than you do?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:53 am   

The registration codes being generated for version 6.40 are not compatible with the older 6.16 version. There is no way to get that to work. In general, old reg codes can be used with newer versions, but new reg codes often cannot be used with older versions. This doesn't happen very often, but was a requirement of fixing some problems with 6.40. Sorry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: