Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dorrin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:37 am   

Mappers and bad paths (directory paths not walking

I've had several issues with configuring the automapper to work with one of my MUDs and somehow managed to totally screw up the mapper so that it won't open the last map it was working on. Is there any way to tell the mapper to open a new one without actually going into the mapper? I can't get into the mapper right now because of getting an error of c:zmudblahblahfile.mdb is not a valid path. Can I change the default .mdb file being opened? If so, how?

Thanks,

Dor
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:00 pm   

Does c:zmudblahblahfile.mdb exist? If it doesn't try copying some other map to this directory and renaming it to that filename. Once zMUD opens that one up, you can open another one in the mapper.

Kjata
Dorrin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:30 pm   

Doh, I'm an idiot. Somehow, and I really don't know how, zMUD "believed" the folder I've got my current settings in was a subfolder of another folder for the same mud. Confused? So was I. I added a new folder to the one zMUD was looking for and copied the file over. Viola, it works. Color me stupid for not paying attention to the entire path and just looking at the last foldername/filename setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: