Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
danduin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:48 am   

No such interface supported

Hope someone out there can help me. I have just upgraded to V 6.40 from 6.16. When I try to start the app I get the message "No such interface supported". All I see is the splash screen. When I check the process in task manager it shows up as running. I am using XP Pro and have had no problems with the version before this that I was using.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:04 pm   

Try mailing your problem to Zugg directly at support@zuggsoft.com

Lady C.
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:16 pm   

This is looks like a problem with the inner workings of COM per Microsoft Knowledge Base article 229770.

If you're using any plugins, now would be a good time to disable them. If you don't have a backup copy of 6.16 to do this in, you can use the registry editor (Start, Run, regedit) to delete any plugins (look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Zuggsoft/zMUD/Plugins). Oh, and I should give the compulsory warning... if you mess up your registry, you could end up in a world of hurt since Windows can't function without it. So be very careful and make a backup. If you want, you can skip this registry step and try the other resolutions first.

KB article 183370 looks like it might describe your issue so try the resolution there.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that now that zMUD supports JScript, your issue is in KB article 246589.

Hopefully one of these will fix it for you.

- Charbal
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: