Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Inlocodeus
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:51 am   

heal trig and need for an improved script

i want to set up a better script than i have right now, but i'm not sure how to go about it. It's a dungeon that you xp in basically a 50 by 50 grid you can move around on. I currently have to run the loop from where you enter the dungeon from town to the wall i eventually run into to the east or south. from there i triggered that when i hit the wall to sleep till hp and mana are full i cast a town portal then start it all over not having to be there. what i want though is a script where i don't have to leave the dungeon. Any help websites, tutorials, or an actual script would be greatly appreciated. Oh and how to set up a auto heal trig would help too.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:42 pm   

Instead of casting a town portal, just head off in the next direction. You can easily switch directions by using a variable for your movement command instead of e. There are many ways of doing this
#VAR row 1 1
#CLASS grid disable
#TR {Your hp and mana are full} {wake;#IF (@row < 50) {s;#CASE @row {east} {west};#ADD row 1} {#VAR row 1;cast town portal;#T- grid}}
#CLASS 0

Autoheal triggers are usually based on the hp display in the prompt. When it drops below a certain level, action is taken to heal. They usually include some method of temporarily disabling themselves to allow time for a spell, potion, etc. to take effect before trying to heal again. Some of them also have triggers to disable them during combat, when you might not want to sleep or might prefer to concentrate on offensive spells. It's not possible to be more specific though, since you didn't include any details.

Autoheal scripts are a frequent topic here though (probably at least one per week). A few minutes with the search link (at top of page) will probably find you exactly what you want.

LightBulb
Inlocodeus
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:40 am   

ok thanks i'll try it right after i look up what everything in them means so i might actually understand it. once again thank you you've gotten me started in a better direction than i was going
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: