Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rui
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:59 am   

Automapper labels and logging problems

2 problems:

from what I read in the documentation, there should be an icon to add a text label to a map (as well as menu item in the Edit menu), and they're just not there in v 6.32 beta

also, no logging is being made, altough the option in Preferences - General - Logging is checked, unless I just can't find the log files

plz help

Rui
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:03 am   

The first is a known beta problem, like all problems with the beta it should be reported in the beta forum. If you don't already have access to the beta forum it is readily granted by simply filling out an application form, a link to which can be found on main forums page.

You second problem is a matter of user error, the logging preference page merely lets you specify what should get recorded into the log. In order to start a log you must use the #LOG command. From the help file:
Syntax: #LO [filename] [new]
Given a filename parameter, this command creates a logfile with the specified file name. If the file already exists, it is opened for appending. If the file does not exist, it is created. If the filename is omitted, then the logging flag is toggled.
If you open an existing log file, the results will be appended unless you specify "new" as the second parameter in which case a new log file is created.

LOG examples

#LO test.txt
start logging all input from the MUD to the file test.txt

#LO
toggle the logging flag.

Once started a little icon will appear next to the computer and gun icons on the bottom right, and can be used to pause and resume the log.
Podar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:38 pm   

quote:

In order to start a log you must use the #LOG command. From the help file:
Syntax: #LO [filename] [new]
Given a filename parameter, this command creates a logfile with the specified file name. If the file already exists, it is opened for appending. If the file does not exist, it is created. If the filename is omitted, then the logging flag is toggled.
If you open an existing log file, the results will be appended unless you specify "new" as the second parameter in which case a new log file is created.

LOG examples

#LO test.txt
start logging all input from the MUD to the file test.txt

#LO
toggle the logging flag.

My question about logging is similar. Can a logfile be created using a variable as a name? I want to occasionally log stuff using the date stored into a variable but have not been able to get this to work.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:22 pm   

Vijilante's idea:
quote:

Add this line to atconnect:
#LOG %concat("Log of ",%time("mmmmmmmmmm dd, yyyy"),".txt")
And to atdisconnect add this line:
#LOG

Optionally....
Sadly it would be far to much work for me to write...or maybe not, add this line to atconnect:
StartLog

Create the alias:
#AL StartLog {#LOG %concat("Log of ",%time("mmmmmmmmmm dd, yyyy"),".txt");#EXEC %expand(#ALARM LoggingTimer {+%eval(86400-(%secs/1000))} {StartLog})}

Add these 2 to atdisconnect:
#LOG
#UNTRIGGER LoggingTimer

Now it will also close the log aat midnight aand start a new one.

So you could do something like:

#LOG %concat("Log of ",@V_MyVariable," ",%time("mmmmmmmmmm dd, yyyy"),".txt")

Ton Diening
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:53 pm   

Should be no problem, as long as your variable contains a properly formatted filename
#VAR logname {08-17-02.txt}
#LOG @logname
works for me, using version 6.16

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: