PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:53 am   

Configuring the mapper

This is what I see:
quote:

Dalara, Town Center

Obvious exits: south, northeast, northwest, north, west, southwest and east
It is painfully bright here.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This seems to be the center of the city. The area is dominated by a number of rocks, carefully piled in the shape of a four-pointed star. The area has been cleared of tents, and the ground is bare of vegetation and packed hard from the feet of countless passing mysrra. Dirt roads lead to the north, south and east here, and you can see a smaller cleared area around a well to the west. Tents of all sizes can be seen in most of the other directions. Iron lanterns, extinguished for now, hang from poles here.
This area is quite large. A light southerly breeze blows by.
A large bulletin board stands here.
==================================================================
> ee
You slowly walk to the east.
>

A well travelled dirt road

Obvious exits: northwest, north, west and east
It is painfully bright here.
You are standing on a dirt road, worn smooth by the passing of countless mysrra. To the north, you can see numerous small tents, and to the south you spy a single large one. The road stretches to a large, open area to the west, and the city's gates to the west. You can just barely see the top of the city walls over the peaks of the tents all around you. A large, wood and stone structure dominates the skyline to the north. Iron lanterns, extinguished for the day, hang from wooden tripods along the road. You know that the city's residential district is to the north, while the tent to the south contains the militia barracks.
This area is large. A light southerly breeze blows by.
> ee
You begin to slowly walk off to the east.

I try and get the mapper to autoconfigure it but it doesnt get the description.

What do I do to get it to work?

Rhen

L'union fait la force
kognesty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:21 pm   

The problem with using #NOMAP as suggested is the nature of the automapper. It specificly looks for the exits line first, and once found works backwards to find the description and the room name, so you're likely never going to get descriptions correctly using zMUD's autoconfiguration. What you'll need to do is setup some triggers to capture the description and then use #TAG desc @whatever.

My suggestion
Trigger on the first
to turn on a capture to variable
then use the second
to turn off the capture and #TAG the description. Saddly I don't have zMUD infront of me so I can work it out more specificlly for you. Also in order to keep things straight forward setup up this trigger as well.
^Obvious exits: &{exits}
and change your tag on the second
to #TAG desc, exit {@whatever} {@exits}

I really do wish I could give you a much more straightforward solution with actually working syntax, if this doesn't help you post and I'll work on it at home and give you a real syntax correct solution.
vassago

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:27 am   

I went through the forum and got some ideas

(*)$%Obvious exits: (*)$*$------------------------------------------------------------------$(*)$This area (*)

But I could not tag it to work. It won't do a test echo either so it is too big or something. How I make this better?

Rhen

L'union fait la force
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: