Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
relic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:12 am   

Lost Connections

I frequently lose connection in zmud for no apparent reason. I may not be able to reconnect for 2 seconds to 5 minutes. It attempts to reconnect by the correct ip address, and during this time I can connect with telnet fine, get to all web pages.
Windows XP Pro, behind ISA Proxy server.
doomfyre
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:09 pm   

I have started having this problem also. Sometimes when multiplaying, i will only lose one character, then both the next time.
kognesty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 6:56 pm   

There are some really fundamental things you can try out. One would be to uninstall zMUD completely and re-install and see how that affects your connection issues. If you've upgraded to windows xp from a previous version of windows and zMUD had already been installed it may have become corrupted in the upgrade processes. If you haven't already I'd try this first. The other issue could be with your proxy server and how zMUD works with the internet, unfortunately I am not familiar enough to offer a suggestion on that. If neither of those routes lead you anywhere, it might be time to send Zugg a report of this activity?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: