Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Andriana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:23 am   

Just a quick question

I just can't seem to find this option so I think it will be easier to ask a question here.

Question: what setting should I change to make Zmud to memorize 2 symbol commands in Command history? So, for example, if I have 'bash' aliased as 'aa', I want to have 'aa' command one more time after I press UP button. For some reason my Zmud seems to memorize only commands with minimum length of 3 letters (version 7.05).

Correct answer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:14 pm   

You should change the name of the alias to 3 characters or longer. zMUD won't remember anything shorter and there is no setting to change.
SpinDrJr
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:27 pm   

I, too, use double letter alias like 'aa' and 'kk' and the easiest way to get them to show up in the command history is to just type a space after them. Zmud will still recognize 'aa ' as 'aa' so it works fine.
Andriana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:30 am   

*sigh* That is too bad. I am really used to 2-letters aliases and in the middle of PK adding space after each alias is the last thing I would like to worry about. Any chance that such a setting might be added in some next patches?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:12 pm   

No, hopefully nothing of that sort will be added.

Many people use two-character aliases for things they DON'T want in the history buffer. With two-character entries ignored, that provides 290 one- and two-letter names. If this was reduced to only ignoring one-character entries, that number would drop to 26. In other words, the rest of us would have to lose over 90% of the alias names which command history ignores to save you the inconvenience of learning to use 3-character aliases.

Yes, I really hope this is never done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: