Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Avangion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:48 pm   

Autologin problem

This is probably a simple problem. I play on a MUD called Ancient Anguish. When I login, zMUD sends the character name to the prompt "What is your name:" but when "Password:" comes up, the MUD returns "Wrong password" even though zMUD has the current password and the #PW command works when I enter it manually. What's the problem here? Thanks.
Dorrin
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:54 pm   

I have the same problem on a different mud and ended up having to disable autoreconnect to keep it from happening.
Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:59 pm   

go to the system folder for autologin aqnd double check that the trigger exist and is sending #PW. Also make sure no other triggers of your are firing prior to the login trigger.

Best way to check this would be to turn on the echo trigger in preferences, then login and see what the triggers are doing.
Avangion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:54 am   

The trigger does exist and there aren't any others conflicting with it because it's a brand new configuration.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:16 pm   

There are three main things to check.
1. The trigger that sends your name. It should have the command #CH.
2. The trigger that sends your password. It should have the commands #PW;#T- Autolog.
3. Your atconnect aliases. They should be blank unless you need to answer questions before the name trigger.

If any of these send anything between your name and your password, your problem is likely.

You should also check your other alarms and triggers to see if any of them might be firing before your password is sent.

Since Ancient Anguish supports Pueblo, the Pueblo enhancements might be the source of your problem. You'll have to experiment for yourself whether it helps to change your Prefs to enable or disable Pueblo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: