Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Loto
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:52 am   

Color Numbers

What is the helpfile to look at the numbers for colors? I know it's there, I've seen it, but I can't for the life of me remember which one it is.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:42 am   

It's not there. It was removed somewhere during the 6.xx series.

You don't need numbers. Just use color names. It's easier than figuring out the numbers was anyway.
Loto
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:42 am   

The numbers were removed or the help file on it was removed? And if the numbers were removed, how do I give something a background color now?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:55 pm   

%ansi(foreColor, backColor)
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:36 pm   

The "helpfile to look at the numbers for colors" doesn't exist anymore. The explanation of the numbers, the table which showed which number was assigned to what color, and the formulas for computing the numbers used to be in the #COLOR helpfile. They aren't any longer. Computing numbers is now done with the %color function, which is referenced and linked in the helpfiles for #COLOR, #CW, #PCOL, and %ansi.

The helpfile has not been removed. There is still a helpfile for #COLOR. It just doesn't contain that information any more.

The numbers have not been removed. You can still use them. They work exactly the same as they did in earlier versions. There just isn't any explanation of how to figure them out.

But, as I said above, there's really no need to use numbers. All the color commands accept the foreground,background syntax. Attributes; such as blink, hi, and underline; can also be included, preferably before the foreground color.
#COLOR red,blue
#CW under,green,cyan
%ansi( blink,hi,magenta,white)
#PCOL bold,under,hi,blink,rev,brown,gray %x1
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: