Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
legpros

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:20 am   

looking for a new mud

My old one is dead... I havent mudded in 3 years.. thought Id click the zmudd icon and got interested again.
I need a Diku or something close to a diku
but the main things are
many many players online at a time
AND
no reseting gear everyso often as some muds do

any help guys?
email : legpros@sbcglobal.net

thanx alot

btw... just downloaded the new zmud stuff... hella lot of changes and hella nice... thanx coders for keeping this going.. This program was a godsend for many of us!!

bri
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:47 am   

I would suggest you try the MudConnector http://www.mudconnector.com. They have search features that can get you right to want you want. In fact that is the site that provides the mud list zMud uses for new character creation. So anything you find there is just a few clicks away.
starmint

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:05 am   

If you're just pokin' around for suggestions, I highly recommend Achaea.... It generally has 300-500 players on at any given time and definitely no resetting gear. It's extremely newbie friendly, the Admins are great, and the politics/economics of the world itself change constantly and are player-driven. The only problem you might have with it is that it's not Diku; the system it runs on is entirely original...but very user friendly.

Check it out...you'll like it: http://www.achaea.com/main.html
or point your ZMud over to achaea.com/port 23
Chax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:58 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by legpros

I need a Diku or something close to a diku
but the main things are
many many players online at a time
AND
no reseting gear everyso often as some muds do

Try Imperial, it used to be a diku, well it is, but heavily modified.

http://imperial.modeemi.cs.tut.fi
RobMacAF
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:10 pm   

The Mud I play is DragonRealms. It is a pay to play mud but it is well worth the price. It is a skill based mud, level based mud. For instance as a level 1 Warrior Mage you might need so many ranks in primary magic, 2 ranks in 3 different types of magic, 2 ranks in 2 types of survival, etc. If you meet the requirements you goto level 2. There are no level caps. (Takes about 1-2 years to get to level 100)

There are about 1000-1500 people on at primetime and I never see less then about 600 on at a time.

It is a Roleplay mud. You won't find any L33+ D00ds or people with stupid names. You are actually given roleplay points for doing a good job or at least trying. People can get married, every class has special abilities, etc, etc, etc. You have to check out the web site to really understand what it has to offer. And ZMUD supports it

www.dragonrealms.com
Garrison
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:55 pm   

I would recommend TempusMUD.

It's a Circle mud, and there are some MAD skills and classes!

Ever wanted to break somebody's neck with your barehands? Be a Mercenary!

Ever wondered what it would be like to be a terminator-like machine, complete with electrical implants and deadly weaponry? Choose to be a Cyborg!

The awesome thing about TempusMUD is how they've meshed both fantasy and futuristic classes and skills together.

I highly recommend it! Friendly imms and players, and a "newbie" channel to ask questions.

www.tempusmud.com
uberjazz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:15 am   

I don't know if anyone still reads this thread, but check out armageddon. www.armageddon.org, or ginka.armageddon.org:4050 to connect. A lot of games preach roleplaying, but no game does it like armageddon. Trust me. Not even close.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: