Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Wurm

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 4:02 am   

Look command in the automapper

Hi all,

New to the automapper, and for some reason the Look command (to reload the room's info) doesnt respond, how do I activate this?

Also, the Mud im on only uses north/south/east/west and not the 8 directions, yet if i accidentally hit 7/9/1/3 on the keypad it enters those directions and the mapper makes me a room. I know how to make triggers so that the mapper doesnt respond to certain thing the mud sends to me, but how do I disable certain keys from sending those values in the first place?.

Finally, is there a specific and up to date manual on the automapper available?, although I like Zugg's code and product, i find the manuals are a bit lacking in the introductory level.

Thanx in advance!!!

Wurm
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:29 am   

The help files contain a lot of advandced info. There is also a web page in the support library here about mapping.

To fix your directions problem check the "Remove Inheritted Setting" box on the "DirectionsDiag" and "KeypadDiag" classes. You first have to turn on "SHow Inherrited" under the "View" menu in the settings editor.
Kallendbor
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:57 am   

I'm going to give this a bump instead of starting a new thread. I Have this same problem, where clicking onn the look and find buttons in the automapper give no response at all. I have had this problem before, but i cannot recall the fix to it. I have searched the help files, searched the forum (keywords look find automapper) and looked at the suggested support library, but I cannot find anything on the automapper except some information about corrupted files. If anyone knows the answer to this question I would appreciate it if you would post here.
Kallendbor
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:57 am   

*bump* can someone Help?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:28 pm   

Try re-configuring the mapper.
Kallendbor
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:09 am   

I tried that after I posted this request for help, hoping that it would fix it. the look and find function work just fine if I immediatly do a manul look just after clicking the buttons or doing the #find command. i.e. it finds the room on the map if i do #find;look. So the problem is that the mapper is not sending the look command as it should.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:53 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Kallendbor

I tried that after I posted this request for help, hoping that it would fix it. the look and find function work just fine if I immediatly do a manul look just after clicking the buttons or doing the #find command. i.e. it finds the room on the map if i do #find;look. So the problem is that the mapper is not sending the look command as it should.

In the southeast corner of the mapper it should show the currently processed command. If you press "look" it should show the text "look". However if it fails to identify the prompt it wont remove the "look" text from that corner.

If the above is the issue it likely means that the mapper fails to detect the mud-prompt.
Kallendbor
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:15 am   

Thanks for the response Rorso. However, there doesn't seem to be anything entered into the queu at all at anytime. look doesn't go into it, and the queue stays cleared. The problem it seems is that zmud's mapper doesn't seem to know to send the look command at all when I either find or look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: