Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Bruner
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:23 pm   

Ansi Color Tracking Script

Alright, bare with me.. this is going to be difficult to explain.

What I want, is for the output to look like the bit below.

There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving >>EAST>> {blue}
There are some tracks of a trolloc leaving >>EAST>> {red}
There are some tracks of a human leaving ^^NORTH^^ {navy}
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving vvSOUTHvv {green}
There are some tracks of an animal leaving <<WEST<< {green}
There are some tracks of a seanchan leaving <<WEST<< {purple}

Problem is, It ends up with everything but trolloc tracks coloring green, and the trolloc tracks coloring red. Like the Below Bit.

There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving >>EAST>> {green}
There are some tracks of a trolloc leaving >>EAST>> {red}
There are some tracks of a human leaving ^^NORTH^^ {green}
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving vvSOUTHvv {green}
There are some tracks of an animal leaving <<WEST<< {green}
There are some tracks of a seanchan leaving <<WEST<< {green}

My correct script is this:

#ALIAS GetDir {#IF {%1="north"} {#VAR dirchar @northchar};#IF {%1="east"} {#VAR dirchar @eastchar};#IF {%1="south"} {#VAR dirchar @southchar};#IF {%1="west"} {#VAR dirchar @westchar};#IF {%1="up"} {#VAR dirchar @upchar};#IF {%1="down"} {#VAR dirchar @downchar}} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"

#VAR dirchar {<<} {_nodef} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"
#VAR downchar {--} {_nodef} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"
#VAR eastchar {>>} {_nodef} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"
#VAR northchar {^^} {_nodef} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"
#VAR southchar {vv} {_nodef} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"
#VAR upchar {++} {_nodef} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"
#VAR westchar {<<} {_nodef} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"

#TRIGGER {({bloody traces|tracks}) of a ({trolloc|seanchan|human}) leaving (%w).} {#CO red;GetDir %3;#SUB {%1 of %ansi( red, bold)a %2 %ansi( red)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( red, bold)%upper(%3)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"

#TRIGGER {({tracks|bloody traces}) of ~*(%w)~* leaving (%w).} {#CO red;GetDir %3;#SUB {%1 of *%ansi( red, bright)%2* %ansi( red)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( red, bold)%upper(%3)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"

#TRIGGER {{bloody traces} of (*) leaving (%w).} {#CO red;GetDir %2;#SUB {bloody traces of %ansi( red, bold)%1 %ansi( red)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( red, bold)%upper(%2)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"

#TRIGGER {{tracks} of (*) leaving (%w).} {#CO green;GetDir %2;#SUB {tracks of %ansi( green, bold)%1 %ansi( green)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( green, bold)%upper(%2)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}} "Scripts|Track|Tracking Colors"

When I rewrote it, and I thought it would work, but i can't seem to get work is this:

#ALIAS GetDir {#IF {%1="north"} {#VAR dirchar @northchar};#IF {%1="east"} {#VAR dirchar @eastchar};#IF {%1="south"} {#VAR dirchar @southchar};#IF {%1="west"} {#VAR dirchar @westchar};#IF {%1="up"} {#VAR dirchar @upchar};#IF {%1="down"} {#VAR dirchar @downchar}}

#VAR dirchar {>>} {_nodef}
#VAR downchar {--} {_nodef}
#VAR eastchar {>>} {_nodef}
#VAR northchar {^^} {_nodef}
#VAR southchar {vv} {_nodef}
#VAR upchar {++} {_nodef}
#VAR westchar {<<} {_nodef}

#TRIGGER {({bloody traces|tracks}) of a ({human}) leaving (%w).} {#CO navy;GetDir %3;#SUB {%1 of %ansi( navy, bold)a %2 %ansi( navy)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( navy, bold)%upper(%3)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}}

#TRIGGER {({bloody traces|tracks}) of a ({seanchan}) leaving (%w).} {#CO purple;GetDir %3;#SUB {%1 of %ansi( purple, bold)a %2 %ansi( purple)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( purple, bold)%upper(%3)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}}

#TRIGGER {({bloody traces|tracks}) of a ({trolloc}) leaving (%w).} {#CO red;GetDir %3;#SUB {%1 of %ansi( red, bold)a %2 %ansi( red)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( red, bold)%upper(%3)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}}

#TRIGGER {({tracks|bloody traces}) of ~*(%w)~* leaving (%w).} {#CO red;GetDir %3;#SUB {%1 of *%ansi( red, bright)%2* %ansi( red)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( red, bold)%upper(%3)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}}

#TRIGGER {{bloody traces} of (*) leaving (%w).} {#CO red;GetDir %2;#SUB {bloody traces of %ansi( red, bold)%1 %ansi( red)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( red, bold)%upper(%2)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}}

#TRIGGER {{tracks} of (*) leaving (%w).} {#CO green;GetDir %2;#SUB {tracks of %ansi( green, bold)%1 %ansi( green)leaving %ansi( yellow)@dirchar%ansi( green, bold)%upper(%2)%ansi( yellow)@dirchar}}

I can't get the "a human" trigger to execute. I don't know really what i'm asking.. I think i just want someone to show my way it won't trigger. I think why it won't catch the trigger is because it's putting in the "<<West<<" sub before it get's to the "a human" trigger. So is there a order in which is triggers? If so, how do I chance it? And if that is the case, how come the "a trolloc" triggers, but not the other two. Any help would be appriciated.

Bruner
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:10 pm   

Another scan Wink and it is the last triggers:
#TRIGGER {({tracks|bloody traces}) of ~*(%w)~* leaving (%w).} {#CO red;...

#TRIGGER {{bloody traces} of (*) leaving (%w).} {#CO red'...

causing the red only.

You want to put them 'before' the others:

Triggers fire from first to last.
In the settings editor do a View->Sort By->None
Then look at your triggers to see what order they are in. You can drag and drop them to change their order.
Bruner
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:22 pm   

Yeah.. I always clear out my Previous scripts before implimenting new ones... So I am pretty sure it isn't that...

I played with it a little, and I disabled all of the tracking triggers but the "a human" one, and it changed everything to "%ansi {navy}" everything was navy colored.. i had to close the program and reopen it to get colors back. I /think/ that it's because it left it opened, like it triggered once, then never stopped triggering. Right now, I haven't a clue.. Anything else would be sweet. Even if you had to rewrite the script.

Thanks,

Bruner

Btw, this is the original mud tracking output:

There are some tracks of a trolloc leaving east.
There are some tracks of a trolloc leaving up.
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving north.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
There are some tracks of a human leaving west.
There are some tracks of a seanchan leaving down.
Bruner
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:26 pm   

Well, I was kind of supid, and didn't check if your solution was correct. And I haven't tested it yet, but It was sorting by names.. and infact, the "a human" trigger was last.. so, Maybe that was it. I'll post again in a bit when I can test it.

Bruner
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: