Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Drakus
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:55 am   

Newbie Problem (most likely simple)

Hey,
I have had to use Zmud 5.55 forever now.. I have been trying to slowly convert over to 6.*, but I'm not very good at this Zmud stuff.. I have a very basic question...

I have alot of triggers that look like this...
#TRIGGER {^You disappear into the void.} {acc;sc} {} 517
#TRIGGER {^A pile of coins lies here.} {get coins;get coins} {} 517
#TRIGGER {^You are zapped by *} {get all} {} 517
#TRIGGER {^WARFARE:*} {#Cap War} {Log_War} 517
#TRIGGER {^WARNING:} {#Cap War} {Log_War} 517
#TRIGGER {^GENOCIDE:} {#Cap War} {Log_War} 517

They all or alot seem to have a 517 at the end of it (in the .txt file).

I do not know what this is.... or if it has any significance.. Can anyone explain to me (as easily as possible to understand) why and do i need these??
I have higher numbers too, but the majority of them say 517.

Thanks,

Drakus of Aardmud!
Drakus
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:58 am   

Oh and let me add, that I have had to use 5.55 because I have never been able to get my zmud file to load in 6.*... very long.. and when i have, and then click on alias or trigger it locks up my machine for 30 second to a minute before it finally loads it, and that is in the brief mode (or whatever it is called)(list).

I have sent my entire file to Zugg and he said it might just be a corrupt file.. so I have been doing some cleaning up trying to find what is wrong, and fix it for the newer zmuds.. I so desperately want to convert to stay with the times, but alas i'm lagging behind badly!
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:46 pm   

The 517 you mention is in the trigger options position of the #TRIGGER command. I would expect that 517 is probably the default set and can be left off entirely. For those that have other numbers you may either want to figure out the numbers or place them in a seperate .txt file so you can more readily set the options properly.

A shorter route that might work is to export to text in 5.55 then create a blank character and import the text in 5.55. This may create a good .mud file that you will be able to import in 6.*
Drakus
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:25 pm   

Thanks for the reply, I will try what you suggested.
Drakus
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:12 am   

Well, no luck.. I did eliminate all the 517's and that worked fine, however when i tried to load my .txt file into 6.62, it loaded, but half of the classes I had were combined.... It was a mess.. it was like not reading classes the right way or something.

One trigger class would be here, then at the end of it would be like;#class 0;#class newclass;#trigger {triggers}.....

This would be inside one class name.... but have like multi level classes..... *shrug*.... my file is about 250kb and has alot of issues I wasn't aware of.... However, i works just fine in 5.55, and therefore looks like until i can figure out what is causing this file to be a mess with 6.62... I'll have to stick with 5.55 *sigh*..

One good thing about all this though I am getting more adept at the changes or differences between the two and have changed my 5.55 files to keep from getting alot of syntax errors in 6.62... Removed all the #wait commands, and #say's to #echos... etc.. also removed all the () in #echo's because it reads it as a syntax error (though I am not sure why since it is just an echo!).

If anyone would be willing to view this file and maybe figure out why it is going haywire when i load it into 6.62.. It would be much appreciated.
Drakus
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:16 am   

I should prob elaborate more on what i actually did... Maybe i messed it up somewhere...

First i was in 5.55 and exported my file (by class). then I opened up the txt file and edited a few syntax errors that normally occur when i put it into 6.*. (For some reason when i load it into 6.* and then try to fix the syntax errors, I can fix them, but when I click the save check mark.... it reverts back to before i edited it..... (OR).... deletes the entire contents of that class.)) I have no clue why.... Has anyone had these problems....

Anyway, then i just click settings|Load and load the new file... (did i do this correct?)
Drakus
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:17 am   

Oh i tried to import the txt file, but it locked up zmud and I had to control-alt-delete close it down and then reopen it to try again.. did this several times with import... so i just loaded it...*sigh*.. I know sounds like a mess!
Drakus
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:37 am   

Anyone have any advice?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:15 pm   

If I recall correctly, version 5.55 didn't have multi-level classes. Later versions allow a class to be nested inside another class. This means that version 5.55 probably lacks the command to indicate that a new class should be placed at the top level, instead of being nested inside the current class, since it wouldn't have been needed.

Import your classes one at a time. After importing each class, issue this command at the command line.
#CLASS 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: