Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Hagan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:02 am   

Buttons

I am a little new to the buttons right now, but I have finally realized that they can be very beneficial. I currently have a character on a mud that uses a lot of magic spells and instead of practicing my spells I convert them over to trains for better stats. So as you can imagine while training my spells I fail at casting them a lot! Here is the scenario.

I have the buttons created for all my protective and detective spells.

However, it isn't doing much good because A: I know very little about them so they are just a basic button right now and b: I fail so much that it isn't worth having them yet. Unless I can get help.

My spells fail a lot and I am guessing what I am requesting will require some variables which I know even less about. So I was wondering if it would be possible to do the following:

- Upon the words You lost your concentration.
To cycle through my affects or buttons and see what buttons are not currently up. For instance I have a spell called forceshield. I have a trigger that goes off once the affect has gone down. My trigger goes off to recast and 80% of the time I fail to cast it. I have been told that because my trigger cycled the cast that I could not just do #repeat or something. I experimented with #until but that spammed me out because the mud isn't snap fast because it is on the other side of the world. So what I would want it to do is to check and see which affects are not on and then attempt to activate them. Every time it says You lost your concentration. There are a few other statements but I think with the example of this I could learn from it.

Also, I would like to know how to make them change colors. So if the affect is active it will be say .. bright cyan where as if it were close to falling it would be dark cyan and if it were not active at all dark yellow.

For instance:
A shieldlike protection builds up around you. (bright cyan)
Your forceshield is flickering. (dark cyan)
Slowly your magical shield fades away. (dark yellow)

Finally, when I finally get proficient in using my spells I would like to set up a trigger something like this: A spell falls in battle say forceshield since I have used that as every other example. My triggers go off to cast forceshield a lot in battle and it will say You cannot concentrate enough.
Upon it saying that is there a way I could get it to cycle through any spell that it cast during battle after the battle is done. The end phrase of a battle would be is DEAD!!

I think that is all for now.
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:55 am   

OK failing a spell
Just make a trigger for that like so
#tr {You lost your concentration} {#send %lastcom}
You might have to modify this if you useually send alot of commands
%btncol should change the color for you

#tr {You cannot concentrate enough} {#addi lostspell %lastcom}
will save the spell in a var
#tr {is dead} {#say @lostspell} will show what you hasve in the var

I am not giving you direct answers becaus I believe you should learn all of tis is in your help file with good working examples.

If you still have problems we all will be here, Just don't ask for help about #com they don't know
Hagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:39 am   

Okay I fail a lot! So after the second time around I think it starts entering an actual part of the trigger and then the mud outputs Invalid command. It is not uncommon for me to fail 10 times or more from time to time. I tried messing around with it and ended up making a loop and had to disable my triggers.

Also, is there a way to say every 1 minute like #alarm have something cycle through a list of variables or something and check and make sure I have all my affects up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: