Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Snookumz
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:07 pm   

Timed Trigger

Could I get some help with a trigger, I want the trigger to execute 1 minute after a zones repop message shows.

Basically what I want the trigger to do is wait 1 minute after the repop message, stand up, go west, kill room, go east twice, kill room, west and south, kill room, north, unlock north, open north, north, kill room, south, close north, lock north, rest.

I only plan on using this while I am at my computer. (I don't run my computer over night or when I am not at it) And I am still playing around with triggers trying to figure them out, it's amazing what can be done with them.

[Edit]So far everything I've tried has always resulted in an infinite loop or my character moves through all the rooms and doesn't do anything.[/Edit]

Thanks in advance...
Moorthon
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:40 pm   

You did not provide near enough information for anyone to effectively help you. In addition, many people frown upon the use of "bots" and finding someone to help you create the entire bot will be difficult.

I will start you off by providing a trigger that will wait one minute after the repop message then kill stuff. To provide any more help will require you to provide alot more detail.

#TRIGGER {Repop Message} {}
#COND {} {move around and kill stuff} {wait|param=60000}
Snookumz
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:23 am   

As I said, I don't leave my computer on over night or when I am away from it, I have it turned off. I only want it to so I dont have to type kill kill kill and such, and if anyone wants to kill what I'm killing I will gladly let them. Anymore information you need to help further I can hopefully provide...just tell me what you need to know.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:06 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Snookumz

Anymore information you need to help further I can hopefully provide...just tell me what you need to know.

We/he needs to know what commands you type (Is 'kill kill kill' really what you type?)
What do the things you're killing look like? EXACTLY, that is.
What message do you get when you've killed whatever you're killing? EXACTLY, that is.

Basically, do exactly what you want the script to do, then copy and paste that sequence in this thread. We don't need the whole thing, but at least one example of every command and every message received from the mud would enable someone to help you out.

Finally, I don't want to say it can't be done because zmud gurus rock, but you're asking for more than one trigger. I'm thinking it'll take at least three and an alias, possibly a path too.
Garrison
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:12 pm   

An interesting post...and I would be semi-intersted in how you'd accomplish this kind of setup as well.

Just to make things easier, here is what I would input and want to kill in my mud:

repop message:
A Red Plume guard mutters about the undergrowth.

targets:
A Red Plume soldier lazes about here (2).

command:
kill red

directions:
3 east

target:
A Red Plume officer stands here barking orders.

command:
kill officer

directions
3 east, south

target:
A large Red Plume guard stands here.

command:
kill guard

directions:
1 south

target:
The Red Plume Commander is here.

That's all.

Thanks for the thoughts! :)
command:
Snookumz
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:22 am   

I kinda want to do the same thing but the mobs are all named the same and have same description...2 in each room.

Repop Message
Pause 60 seconds
kill guard
kill guard
get key 2.corpse
unlock south
open south
south
west
kill guard
kill guard
east
south
kill guard
kill guard
north
east
kill guard
kill guard
west
north
close south
rest

That's basically what I want it to do but I would like it to automatically do it 60 seconds (or so) after repop message. As I've said before I'd only use this when people aren't killing here and when I *AM* at my computer, considering I don't run my computer unless I'm sitting at it. (Except for potty breaks and making sandwhiches and such hehehe...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: