Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Curtis
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:00 pm   

Using %roomflags

I read in the help file that I can change the DO NOT ENTER status of a room by setting %roomflag to 128. Im not sure if this is incorrect or if my #call to %roomflags is incorrect.

#call %roomflags(6042, 128)
Arcane_of_Discworld
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:06 pm   

From looking at the zMud help files it is apparent that #CALL is used to call a com object and apparently works the same as #NOOP, %roomflags does not alter a rooms entry status but is used to set/view the room flags which can be set by the user for aid in scripting. If you want to alter that parameter you would need to use %roomcost (by clicking the 'do not enter' checkbox next to the 'Cost to move into room' input box it alters the roomcose to 2147483647 which I presume is the largest number allowed).

What are you actually trying to achieve?
Curtis
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:20 pm   

Changing room costs would be fine also. Im trying to change the cost to enter a room. I have rivers and oceans that I can travel by but not when mounted. So I would like to change the costs to enter these areas when mounted and unmounted.

#call %roomcost(6042,2147483647) did not work either. I tried #noop also so I suspect Im using these functions incorrectly.
Arcane_of_Discworld
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:52 pm   

Was just playing with the %roomcost command and noticed that it will not do anything whilst the map is locked (not in map mode) therefore you will need to set the map as unlocked first then relock it once your changed have been made, eg:

#noop %maplocked(0)
#noop %roomcost(6042,2147483647)
#noop %maplocked(1)
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:56 pm   

Brings up a good point actually - it would be nice to have multiple costs attachable to each room so that you can use a different one depending on your mode of travel
Curtis
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:38 am   

Thanks Arcane,

Makes sense to turn mapper on and off. Im kinda slow though. Works great now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: