Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Buddy Karl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:23 pm   

Help to remove a window

Hey there,
recently I noticed when I log into the MUD I play, an extra window that really doesn't do anything is showing up. It is not a normal status window or message as the window stays there all the while I play. I can click on it and move it around, but even though it looks like it has a place to put text, there is no way to type in it. I will try and type in ascii what it looks like as I can't c&p it into this forum window.

---------------------------
| ------------------- |
| hp | | |
| ------------------- |
---------------------------

I did a search on all the classes/aliases/triggers/macros/buttons/variables, etc. that would perhaps create this thing that haunts my mud playing...it is always there, looking at me, laughing at me, calling me names....but I find nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Buddy
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:33 am   

I suspect an addin - have you installed any? Goto the plugins menu and click 'install plugins' to check.

Might be worth seeing if it happens on other muds aswell. I believe it is possible for the mud to control ZMud to some extent, and maybe they have been trying to implement a status window of some sort.

Oh that's a point it could be the status window...

Goto the Window menu and see if it is ticked to find out if it is that... and look at the help on #stwin to see how you can configure it.
Buddy Karl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:45 pm   

That did the trick!...Thanks!!!:)

I went to plug-ins/prompt and selected hide gauges and it disappeared. Can't remember when I selected to show gauges but I may have reset it somehow without knowing it.

Thanks again!

Buddy
Buddy Karl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:51 pm   

After a little research, it turns out it is from the #GAUGE command.
I looked at the help for the prompt and saw it was caused by the #GAUGE. This will at least help me pinpoint where it is in my triggers/alias/etc. I used #GAUGE{on} and #GAUGE{off} to test it and sure enough it popped back up and then went away. Pehaps I can use this evil tool to my advantage.....#GAUGE{int} What?!?...ZERO?! how'd that happen?! suicide........rofl....

Thanks again for your help!:)

Buddy
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:39 pm   

Woo I'm being helpful :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: