Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Naelphin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:35 am   

Transitioning from 3.x to latest zmud

After being in 3.x for ages, I've decided to try the latest version again. However, I find the big difference between 3.x and the latest rather disorientating.

How do I import all my old 3.x settings and characters into the latest?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:45 am   

Best way is to export them to a text file in 3.x then import the text file in 6.62. While Zugg has made every effort to ensure that changes in the scripting language will not cause anyones scripts to break, that is a lot of versions and sometimes the manner in which something was done is found to limit the possibilities for new features. You may find some of your scripts not working correctly. Although it has been a long time since any of the Guru's and experts have used 3.x we are here to help you find those little things that need updating.
Naelphin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:13 am   

I was playing around with the variable window, and now the panel container the data has become detached from the rest of the window. How do I put it back?

Also, I am having trouble trying to set up the automapper.

This is what the autoconfig detects:
Code:

Before the Bridge
You find yourself before an ancient time-worn bridge. The bridge
crosses over a yawning abyss, the likes of which you've never seen before.
Peering into the depths of the abyss, all that confronts you is darkness.
You drop a stone into the abyss, and after waiting several minutes
without hearing it hit the bottom, you shiver, and consider your options.
Exits: north south

<1638/1638hp 260mv><S|A><$2,076,339><-192agn> Ashen Fst|

It detects the room name(first line) and the room desc, but it includes my prompt (the numbers) as the exits. How do I set it up?

Also, how do I make windows drag their contents instead of just their outlines?

Is it possible to get rid of the split screen when freezing the screen and tab bar?

When I select some text in the mud output window, then unclick it, there are some artifacts like blue lines in the text output.

Sorry for all the stupid questions.
Naelphin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:23 am   

*bump*
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:09 am   

quote:
I was playing around with the variable window, and now the panel container the data has become detached from the rest of the window. How do I put it back?

Delete setting.dok from your zMUD directory.
Or, drag the window around until you find the docking hotspot. Make sure you have Dockable selected.
quote:
Also, how do I make windows drag their contents instead of just their outlines?

You probably don't.
quote:
Is it possible to get rid of the split screen when freezing the screen and tab bar?

No. However it's possible to move the dividing line to the point you only see one section (it will be hard to grab if you ever want to drag it back though).
quote:
When I select some text in the mud output window, then unclick it, there are some artifacts like blue lines in the text output.

They'll probably go away when the screen refreshes. If they interfere with reading, minimize and restore.

Sorry, can't help with your mapper questions. That's the problem with putting a bunch of unrelated questions together, anyone who can't answer all of them probably won't answer at all.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:02 am   

#TAG the prompt string as the prompt, then rerun the config wizard. SEE '#TAG' IN HELP FOR EXAMPLES

(mapper) config->config settings->MUD prompt
Make sure you have most of those checked, your prompt is huge and ugly.

If these things don't work, try configuring the mapper in 'offline mode'. SEE HELP
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: