Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mahz
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:45 am   

Tick Timer

Hi. When I have my trigger start my tick timer and set a command for it when the time runs out. Such as #timer (1) south .

Is there anyway I can set the timer for a different amount of seconds when triggered? Such as if the timer is set for 2 seconds, Can I make the command for the trigger turn the timer on for a 10 seconds??

Thanks for any help!
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:45 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Mahz

Hi. When I have my trigger start my tick timer and set a command for it when the time runs out. Such as #timer (1) south .

Is there anyway I can set the timer for a different amount of seconds when triggered? Such as if the timer is set for 2 seconds, Can I make the command for the trigger turn the timer on for a 10 seconds??

This may be possible; however, if I read this correctly, this sounds like a job for #ALARM with the delay value stored as a #VAR.
The Tick Timer is meant to approximate mud ticks. If I misread the request, then I don't know what you want to do exactly.

In any event, it would be helpful if some appropriate output from the mud, and some of whatever you have scripted now were posted along with the request.
Mahz
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:37 am   

Ok I come to in Intersection.

#trigger {blah blah Intersection} {#timer 1 south}

So when I hit that intersection it will start the timer and go south every couple seconds. Or whatever I have the timer seconds set to.

The only way I can reset how many seconds the timer uses is to go to Actions/Tick Timer and set it manually.

I was wondering if I could make a trigger such as:
#trigger {blah blah Intersection} {#timer 1 south} And somehow change the amount of seconds the tick timer is set at.

I'am sorry if I'am confusing when I try to explain this.

Sometimes I want the tick timer to move every 3 seconds, but then at a certain intersection I might want to change the timer to 5 seconds.. I hope this makes sense and it would be really helpful if such options existed :)

Smile
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:46 am   

There are a number of commands for working with the timer #TIMER, #TSET, and #T?. If they can not do what you want then you should look into #ALARM and %alarm in the help file.
Mahz
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:01 pm   

Ahh I didn't realize there was a #TSET. That's exactly what I'am looking for.

Thank you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: