Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Lego

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:39 am   

does anyone else have delay in 6.62?

Ever since I loaded this version, it seems that sometimes, I have to hit enter two or more times for me to see the responses from my mud. It is very much like lag, but if I log in on telnet (or with another client), there is no lag. It happens very frequently... so much so that I've started hitting return twice per command so that i can see whats happening. It doesn't seem to be related to triggers (does the same thing with triggers off) or network traffic. I've played with the refresh rate and thought it made a difference one time, but its doing the same thing again, no matter what I set that to. Does this happen to anyone else and do you have any suggestions? Its very annoying! Thanks!
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:54 am   

Yes, many people have mentioned lag in recent months. You can probably find several threads with a quick use of the Search link.
cingulli
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:16 am   

Be sure you are using right port number. Zmud will lag bad if you connect e.g. a port 23 MUD using port 2023.

With telnet you won't get this problem cos telnet connects to the right port automatically.
Lego

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:33 pm   

Ok, i'm on the right port (5000) or else I wouldn't be able to connect at all, right? As for the "many other posts", i did a search before i posted and didn't find any that matched.... or rather, if they were possible matches, didn't see any solution. If you know the solution, could you tell me what it is, lightbulb?

I didn't have this problem with previous versions of zmud, so i'm thinking that its just a configuration issue. It isn't triggers, because if I turn them off, it acts the same way. Perhaps a related issue is that if I switch focus to another window and then go back to zmud in a little while, the zmud is often frozen, and only comes back if i leave it with focus for a minute or so (usually hitting return repeatedly), though that problem is not new. But the delay (having to hit return multiple times to get the screen to scroll and refresh) is so bad, i'm wondering how i would go back a version or two...
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:34 pm   

No, I don't know the solution or even the problem. That's why I recommended a search.

All I can really offer you is the standard advice about making sure you've gone through the steps in http://www.zuggsoft.com/data/ to make sure MDAC and JET are up-to-date.
parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:57 am   

When this happens to me I find that either closing the mapper and then reopening it or switching to another zone and back on the map will help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: