Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Setepth
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:43 am   

elicensing down?

Had the weirdest problem today, saying it couldn't find an "internet connection" and that the server is down for the elicensing. Checked just to make sure no-one just played a joke and added a firewall. So what the heck? I guess i'll just have to wait. The elicense.com site isnt working either so i cant do anything at the moment. Let me know if anyone else is having this problem.
chuckp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:35 am   

elicense does seem to be down. Im having the same problems and same error messages. Real annoying when you come home from work lookin forward to some serious mudding and of course its time to license and the site is down. *crosses his fingers*
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:43 am   

There was a network outage in their part of the country. Should have only been down for an hour or two from what they said.
mikek85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:23 am   

I've tried E-Licensing but I get the same error over and over.

Unable to get or install license.

Retrieval of license failed with error code=17

All renewable licenses are currently active- no license is available at this time.

???
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:48 am   

Please see the FAQ. For Error 17 messages, that means you have used up all 3 of your licenses and you'll need to email your reg code to support@zuggsoft.com and nicely ask if we can reset any of them, or just unlicense one of your other copies.
roncli
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:54 pm   

This is still happening. Check www.elicense.com and see the HTTP 1.1 Server too busy error. When I try to license ZMud, it says there is a problem with the license server (code -3). This effectively renders ZMud useless. How can I work around this?
lobi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:05 pm   

Apparently my license just expired this morning, and I'm getting the same error code when I try to download a new one (error code = - 3, Error on license servers). I also tried to get an off-line license, but after pasting the request, the generate license link brings up a HTTP 500 - Internal server error. Also, it seems half the pages on the elicense site don't load, but I did manage to get to the Support Request Form, which loaded. However, after filling it out and clicking the send button, I got another HTTP 500 error.

Apparently the power outage caused bigger problems. Any idea on how long it will be until this is fixed or have a support email address for ViaTech (in the hopes that their email is working)?
miles2go
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:35 pm   

I am also unable to renew my license and can't access zMUD in any way because the elicense site is down. Can't get one online or offline.

Does someone have a phone number for these clowns so I can call them up and complain directly?

I suppose I could download a different client, but losing all my scripts would making hunting a major pain. I like all the features I've built into my zMUD scripts.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:15 pm   

I don't have a public phone number to give out, but it wouldn't help to call them anyway. The problem is with their Tier-1 Internet provider. A power outage yesterday caused some equipment to fail (causing the first outage yesterday) and today it looks like they are trying to repair things. But this is out of my control and also out of eLicenses control. A Tier-1 connection is the best connection you can get, but even those go down now and then. I'm sure they are working as hard as possible since this has caused a large outage in their area. It's just one of those things that we can't control I'm afraid.
miles2go
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:42 pm   

They're back up and running.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: