Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:56 am   

Still having problems with MateriaMagica mapping

First.. I made a trigger-set to properly tag the room names and exits (and used variables to ensure they are being properly detected..

Code:
 A Granite Bridge                                       -      -      -
(-------------------------------------------------)     W <---(M)---> E
                                                        -      -      -
Multi line Description here

<prompt>

Then ran configuration.. it didnt properly color the things either... so I put in mapper mode, and lo and behold it never creates a room.. period.. So..
I then CHANGED my triggers to make it show:
A Granite Bridge
Exits: West East

Multiline description.

<prompt>

and re-ran the config.. Aha! now's its properly detecting everything! put it mapping mode.. moved around.. still no rooms being created. the only thing I can think of is that zmud is seeing the <---m---> in the compass even tho it's being gagged, and saying "thats the prompt!" and never makes the room.. because if I turn OFF the compass completely, I can map properly.. (altho with NO exits show at all)
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:05 am   

#TRIGGER {^ (%*)%s({NW|- |# })&5({N|-|#})&5({NE| -| #})} {#VARIABLE exits {%2|%3|%4};#VARIABLE room {%1};#GAG} "Mappers"
#COND {~(-------------------------------------------------~)&5({W|-|#}) <-({U|-|#})-~(M~)-({D|-|#})-> ({E|-|#})$} {#VARIABLE exits {@exits|%1|%2|%3|%4};#GAG}
#COND {%s({SW|- |# })&5({S|-|#})&5({SE| -| #})} {#GAG;#VARIABLE exits {@exits|%1|%2|%3|};#DELITEM exits "-";#DELITEM exits "#";#DELITEM exits "- ";#DELITEM exits "# ";#DELITEM exits " -";#DELITEM exits " #";#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "N|", "North "))};#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "S|", "South "))};#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "NW|", "NorthWest "))};#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "NE|", "NorthEast "))};#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "SW|", "SouthWest "))};#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "SE|", "SouthEast "))};#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "W|", "West "))};#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "E|", "East "))};#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "U|", "Up "))};#VARIABLE exits {%trim( %replace( @exits, "D|", "Down "))};;#TAG name,exit {@room} {@exits};#ECHO %ansi( yellow, high)@room;#ECHO %ansi( red, high)Exits: @exits}

Thought I might post my triggers that I use for both the tagging and the changing of the output..
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:51 am   

bump
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:21 am   

It always amazes me that people make life difficult for themselves.
"if I turn OFF the compass completely, I can map properly"
So turn off the compass while you map.
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:28 pm   

Lightbulb.. Perhaps you MISSED the rest of that.. I cant see EXITS.. at ALL.. NO exit info without the compass.
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:29 pm   

So therefore, unless I already know the area (which kinda defeats the purpose of mapping) then I cant map it anyway.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:36 pm   

Try using #NOMAP on the compass too, so the mapper ignores those lines.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:19 pm   

No, I understand that the compass provides your exits info. Doing without it simply means that all your exits would be hidden. The mapper can handle that.

However, I mainly answered to help you stir things up a little. You'd already gone a full day without an answer and were starting to *bump* your thread (almost never necessary), so I gave you the best answer I had until someone more knowledgeable came along.
Valdar
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:22 am   

Solved it! Well kinda...

Here are my settings and it works like a charm... the problem you ask? Well in every room name you will have the bit of the compass which is on the same line (not a biggie since when the mapper checks the exit line it'll check to see if that bit is there any way) and it wont auto-draw the exit stubs... i tried using zex0rs triggers but it just kept fussing about how it couldnt parse the script or somthing... *shrug* To use this copy it all using Control+C or whatever then goto the mapper and select Config -> Import Config -> From clipboard also make sure that you have it setup to NOT auto-create doors or every time you move it will create a new room on you *gag* Not a perfect solution but i dont see any better ones... next trick: Figure out how to get it to capture the exits... :)

Version: 19
Name Start: 0
Desc Start: 0
Desc End: 6
Exit Start: -1
Exit End: -1
Exit in Prompt: 0
Exit in Name: 0
Exit contains key: 0
Name paragraph: 2
Desc paragraph: 1
Exit paragraph: 0
Bracket prompt: 1
Short exit names: 0
vNum in Name: 0
Exit keyword:
Exit after keyword: 0
Match room name mode: 1
Use Descriptions: 1
Entire exit paragraph: 0
Single char exit: 0
Autoprompt detect: 1
Complex prompt: 1
Prompt char: <
Name ends in period: 0
Number prompt: 0
No MUD Prompt: 0
Room Name Propercase: 1
[Map Script]

[Map Explore Script]

[End]
Valdar
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:16 pm   

Oh, just got messing with mapping using my settings a bit more and realized it might work slightly better if you also enable 'match room name at end of line' or whatever that setting is (its under the room name area) also when you goto a new room make sure the room name is correct and try to avoid going over rooms you've already mapped (it often spazzes out and makes a second room..) but it will follow correctly once ya got it running :) Why oh why couldnt they just have the option to have the room names seperate like most MU*s do?
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:06 pm   

The triggers I have work, as far as reformatting the text to appear to be a standard output, but as I said, nothing happens when you try to map rooms in follow mode..

Zex0s
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:09 pm   

BTW, you probably cannot just copy/paste the script into your zmud, due to the forum word-wrapping the script.. it's supposed to be like 4 lines long..

go to http://prophecy.home.mchsi.com/maptrigs.txt to see the copy you *can* copy/paste.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: