Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
koopa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:09 pm   

help: stat roller

ah, so I was trying to put together this stat roller just from common sense, and i got no where. I read the help files, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a smart person, so I've come here for some help.

Your stats are:
Current Racial
Stat Max
Agility : 56 80
Stamina : 74 80
Strength : 46 80
Quickness : 52 80
Willpower : 79 80
Perception : 45 80
Intelligence: 76 80
Is this acceptable?

'enter' and 'n' will roll again, 'y' or 'yes' will take the stats. i got so far as..

pattern:Is this acceptable
command:@Reroll

Your stats are:
Reroll=y

*: Per:%s(%d)%s(%d)
#if (%1<%eval(%2*80/80)) {Reroll=n}

*for each individual stat

but it keeps messin' up somewhere or other. Help and an explanation on how to set it all up (there are a lot of buttons to click) would be greatly appreciated.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:35 pm   

I don't understand why you have "Per:" in the middle of your pattern. It's also not clear what values you're looking for. %2*80/80 equals %2*1, or just %2. Going for max in all stats is usually not worth the time. The MUDs roller may be set to prevent that possibility. If not, it's still such a low probability that it could take weeks to come up.

I'd use something like this. Since it will only be in use while you're rolling (it should be disabled/deleted when you finish) I've simplified considerably.
#CLASS Autoroller {setdef}
#TR {Stat}
#COND {(%d)} {#VAR Agility %1 0}
#COND {(%d)} {#VAR Stamina %1 0}
#COND {(%d)} {#VAR Strength %1 0}
#COND {(%d)} {#VAR Quickness %1 0}
#COND {(%d)} {#VAR Willpower %1 0}
#COND {(%d)} {#VAR Perception %1 0}
#COND {(%d)} {#VAR Intelligence %1 0;#IF ((@Agility > 79) AND (@Stamina > 79) AND (@Strength > 79) AND (@Quickness > 79) AND (@Willpower > 79) AND (@Perception > 79) AND (@Intelligence > 79)) {#RESET Autoroller;#T- Autoroller;Yes} {#RESET Autoroller;no}}
#CLASS 0

What this does is create a multi-state trigger which looks for a line with the word Stat. It then looks for a line with a number in it, and puts the first number of that line in @Agility. It then looks for another line with a number in it and puts the first number of that line in @Stamina. It continues looking for numbers until it's found one for @Intelligence.

After putting a number in @Intelligence, it then checks to see if each stat is greater than 79 (which means it equals 80 or more). If they are, it resets the variables to 0, disables the class since you're done rolling, and sends "yes" to the MUD. If any of them were below 80, it just resets the variables to 0 and sends "no" to the MUD, the class is left active since you'll be rolling again.

The values being checked for can be easily adjusted by replacing the 79's with any other numbers you choose. The actions to be taken can also be changed to suit yourself.
koopa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:11 pm   

ah, yeah, i dont really know what i was doing, all of it seemed pretty fuzzy to me. and although yours doesnt make complete sense to me either, thanks for the help.
koopa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:14 am   

mmm, having trouble plugging in all this stuff, help =p thanks.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:20 pm   

Using your mouse, copy everything from #CLASS Autoroller {setdef}
to #CLASS 0 and paste it into the command line. Make any desired changes. Press ENTER.
koopa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:21 am   

ah.. that explains it. thanks =p

ps im retarded

edit: actually, now that i've tried it, it isnt working.. when i go to copy+paste it into the command line, and click ok, nothing happens, and when i check on it again, its not there.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:44 am   

There is no OK button for the command line. It's the line at the bottom of the screen.

Be sure to change the numbers to something a bit lower. As is, the only acceptable combination is 80/80/80/80/80/80/80. Allowing 79's ( > 78) will increase the number of acceptable combinations from 1 to 128. Going down to 71 for each stat ( > 70) will increase it to 10,000,000 acceptable combinations. This is likely to make the difference between needing an hour or less versus needing a year or more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: