Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:03 am   

Spell Reagent tracker?

Ok.. I am attempting to add some info to my statusbar to track the amount of spell reagents I have...

I can currently check to see when I pick them up, drop them, etc.. However, getting them to be removed when a spell uses them is slightly..... difficult.. here is a couple of example outputs from the mud.
A pinch of sulfur, a mandrake leaf, and a shimmering white fish scale flare brightly and vanish!

A mandrake leaf, and a mandrake leaf flare brightly and vanish!

There are an unknown number of different reagents, however they all boil down to 7 groups: Earth, Fire, Water, Air, Gem, Ethereal, Astral (obviously, I have no intention of attempting to track them all. I intend to set 7 variables called @Earth, @Water, etc.. and populate them with strings of each of the most common reagents of each type etc.. this is all laid out.. And:
#TR {* flare brightly and vanish!$} {}
Thats the trigger that I intend to use... and I know I can use the %isin() function, but how would I go about making sure I count ALL of them?
In the second example, the spell used 2 reagents, both were earth, using my isin, I would subtract 1.. making my count of left over reagents slightly off..
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:39 am   

#TR {(*) flare brightly and vanish!$} {#var countreagent %replace("%1",",","|");#var countreagent %numitems(@countreagent)}

Then just subtract @countreagent form your total.
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:07 am   

That only tells me the overall total reagents used.. NOT the total of each KIND.. which is what I need..
let me explain.
my status bar: REAGENTS Earth: 22 Fire: 20 Water: 29 etc..
after A pinch of sulfur, a mandrake leaf, and a shimmering white fish scale flare brightly and vanish!
it should say REAGENTS Earth: 21 Fire:19 Water: 28
sulfur=fire reagent, scale=water reagent, etc..
Each different spell calls for different reagents, and running out of them during combat can be deadly. So I need to know how many of EACH reagent I have at all times.. checking your inventory before and during combat can also be deadly.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:14 pm   

This is essentially the same as Trigger help for version 6.62 public

#TR {(*) flare brightly and vanish!} {#VAR reagents %lower( {%1});#VAR reagents %replace( {@reagents}, " and ", " ");#VAR reagents %replace( {@reagents}, ", ", "|");#VAR reagents %countlist( @reagents);UsedReagents}
#AL UsedReagents {#LOOPDB @reagents {#IF %ismember( %key, @Earth) {#ADD Earthcount -%val};#IF %ismember( %key, @Water) {#ADD Watercount -%val};#IF %ismember( %key, @Fire) {#ADD Firecount -%val};#IF %ismember( %key, @Air) {#ADD Aircount -%val};#IF %ismember( %key, @Gem) {#ADD Gemcount -%val};#IF %ismember( %key, @Ethereal) {#ADD Etherealcount -%val};#IF %ismember( %key, @Astral) {#ADD Astralcount -%val}}}
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:10 pm   

Actually, Lightbulb, that didnt quite work, and this is why..
#TR {(*) flare brightly and vanish!} {
#VAR reagents %lower( {%1})
#VAR reagents %replace( {@reagents}, " and ", " ")
#VAR reagents %replace( {@reagents}, ", ", "|")
#VAR reagents %countlist( @reagents);UsedReagents
} (expanded to better show it)

the first #VAR line does NOT properly add ALL the lines in the %1, only up to the first comma.. However, replacing the {%1} with "%1" made the trigger work perfectly. :) Many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: