Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
airloom
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:28 pm   

trigger trouble

I'm trying to set a trigger to sip health and aliases to turn it on and off. I keep getting a syntax error Pointing at my brackets {}() Not shure why this is. I reapeat the brackets are the problem how do I fix it. THanks airloom

patern: You may drink another health or mana elixer.

Value: Value: #var siphealth 1 #IF (@autosip=1) {sip health}
^
Syntax error

That is the problem I'm having??

For for the aliaes I have
hon value #var autosip 1
hoff value #var autosip 0.
not sure if those will work if my trigger changes so if you can help thanks.
Airloom
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:42 am   

Syntax: #VA [variable] [value] [defaultval] [classname]
Your command: #var siphealth 1 and %if( @autosip=1, sip health)
So, you have variable=siphealth, value=1, defaultval=and, classname=%if( @autosip=1, sip health)

zMUD doesn't understand you using %if in the classname. I don't either.

I seem to remember just seeing this identical trigger too...
Oh, that's right! I just did a search and found that you asked the same question four days ago. The answer hasn't changed. But, I'll be nice and repeat if for you:

Value: #var siphealth 1
#IF (@autosip=1) {sip health}
airloom
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:26 pm   

Sorry but I'm still having the same proble I have the value set exactly the way you have said. I still get the syntax error. is what the value looks like

#var siphealth 1

The syntax error is pointing at the brackets around {sip health} I'm compleatly lost. sorry lightbulb I just started using zmud. I have never use a client before this one
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:50 am   

I'm sorry, but I just can't get zMUD to give me any errors with the script you post.

My best guess is that you left out the space between ) and {.
Wrong
#var siphealth 1
#IF (@autosip=1){sip health}
Right
#var siphealth 1

Another common errors which could also give you ^ syntax error is mismatching your brackets by having more opening brackets { than closing brackets }.

In any case, you can fix it by DELETING the trigger, then using your mouse to COPY the line below and PASTE it to your command line.
#TR {You may drink another health or mana elixer.} {#VAR siphealth 1;#IF (@autosip = 1) {sip health}}

NOTE: I've used your spelling for "elixer", but I suspect it should be spelled "elixir". If that's true, use this line instead.
#TR {You may drink another health or mana elixir.} {#VAR siphealth 1;#IF (@autosip = 1) {sip health}}
airloom
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:25 pm   

Ok I have cut and pasted the trigger you gave me exactly how you said. I'm still get a syntax error. I have noticed I don't have any brackets in any of my triggers. I now recall before Zmud crashed on me the first time someone told me to change somthing in Preferences special characters settings. If I'm correct that fixed this problem in the past. This is what I have for these commands. Could something here be causing the syntax error? Thanks again and sorry to be such a pain. Airloom

Command char: #
Separator char: ;
varable char: #
Parameter char: @
Focus char: :
Class Char: >
Movenemt char: !
History char: !
Quite cha: %
MapDir char: .
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:04 pm   

Well, yes. Everything I've written is based on the presumption that you're using the default character set. Instead, it turns out that you're using something considerably different. It would be surprising if there weren't syntax errors.

Yours
Variable char: #
Parameter char: @
Class Char: >
Movement char: !
Quote cha: %
MapDir char: .

Variable char: @
Parameter char: %

Class char: /
Movement char: .

Quote cha: ~
MapDir char: >
Database char: &

The surprising thing is that you mostly just shuffled them around. The only default special characters that aren't on your list are / (Class char) and ~ (Quote char), and all the characters you used are on the default list.

I see particular problems with using # as both the Command character and Variable char, and likewise with using ! as both the Movement character and History character.

I would guess that you probably made these changes so you could use ~ as a normal character, for use in URLs. IMHO, the problem you solved is much smaller than the problems you've created, and you'd be better off using the default set at least until you have a much better idea of what you're doing.

Until you fix your special character set, there's probably no way to fix your trigger.
airloom
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:29 pm   

Lightbulb,

Thank you very much. To be honest I have no Idea how they got changed. I have never touched them for the simple fact that I didn't want to screw something up. I got it fixed so thanks for the pacents and the help Airloom
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: