Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tolpan
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:07 pm   

Triggers in room scripts

I am fiddling around with the room scripts in the automapper. Actually it seems, that whatever I type into the script box of the room properties, no command is executed. Has anyone successfully used this feature? Any neat examples out there?

What I am trying to do is to set up a trigger in the room that send a #nodir when a certain text is sent by the mud. Imagine the standard problem you have an exit with a guard. You can only pass the exit if the guard is not there. When just defining the exit, the mapper would jump to the next room, even if the guard blocks you. So I have to manually adjust the position on the map again. There are a lot of similar cases on my maps and I thought the rooms scripts would be a great deal here, since I don't want to define a global trigger for each location.
So my question here is: are room scripts meant to contain #trigger/#alias/#whatever definitions which are defined only while I am presently standing in the certain room?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:19 pm   

Room scripts for the current room are destroyed and created for whatever room the next movement would bring you to when the direction is sent. So they can not be used for what you want in the fashion you are thinking. To do what you want you would create a variable to hold the existence of the guard, a trigger to capture his existence, and 2 aliases for the direction (single character and long name) that needs to test for the guard before moving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: