Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
coldcut
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:33 pm   

help i need a reporter script!

i need a reporter script for medievia that reports various melee moves, spells, kills, backstabs etc. all the scripts on carabas site like combat.zsc are buggy
thanks
Amok
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:46 pm   

You should try and make one yourself then you learn how to do it and won't be dependant on others
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:48 pm   

You'll have to come up with a much clearer description of what you want before anyone can even attempt to write one.
coldcut
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:22 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Amok

You should try and make one yourself then you learn how to do it and won't be dependant on others

hey thanks that was helpful..you think i havent TRIED to make my own? if these forums arent for help then they serve no purpose..i guess im just not l33t like you
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:33 pm   

The forum is here for help not to get free work done.
Alot of us spend a great deal of time making scripts for people who need help, and yours is the same.
You can not expect anyone to go to your mud play the game and then come up with a script just because you have asked to have one made.

However you could have just asked if anyone had such a script and would be kind enough to share it
or
You could have read some of the posts here which have talked about your mud with the search engine
or as Lightbuld wrote, you could supplie the forum with basic needs for you script and maybe even some propts from the mud. This way anyone wanting to help would have a better understand as how to help you.
nutsnbolts
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:12 pm   

Wow...things have changed....

I have had zmud for over 8 years and in the beginning was very gungho in creating scripts. Part of my time in the beginning was reading through help files after help files, forums after forums so I can grasp the idea of "how to script or what zmud has to offer".

Needless to say, that was a lot of work. I became really really good with scripting and can create complex scripts that can almost answer any questions posted here.

Now....

After 5 years of not playing, reinstalled zmud, I feel like an inexperience zmud user.... Little things are coming back to me, however, zmud can be overwhelming to understand and learn. The biggest help are usually scripts that has been made already and to see the thinking behind it, allows any inexperience user understand how to create others on their own.

Regardless....my point in this post and what I reiterate on every forum out there that I'm involved with is that this is a forum that if you are capable of assisting a person, then speak up...otherwise, don't post. Stick to the topic and leave all the "learn it yourself, create it yourself, do it yourself" remark.

If a person wants to assist, he/she will pursue the question...whether it be creating a character and logging into the game to learn what needs to be done.

Anyway, to stay on topic.....have you figured this out coldcut? I'm looking to creating something like this and capturing it on another window.
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:10 pm   

Since the original note was posted on Sat Aug 02, 2003 i'd kinda hope it was figured out.
But I agree with you in the respect that some people don't know how to help and would rather say "Figure it out yourself"
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:13 pm   

Yeah..it's pretty old...lol..
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:08 pm   

I have a Combat Report for medievia on my script site http://caebryn.blogspot.com

As of right now im rewriting my scripts to make them able to be imported through the menu rather then being forced
to use the #READ command as well as fixing little problems, and will post the changes on finished scripts forum when
they're done. But for now make sure you read the blog entitled "How to install my scripts" before installing it.

Jesse, (Caebryn on Medievia)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: