Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
user0101
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:41 am   

Transfering String Lists

I want to transfer a string from one variable to another. Lets say variable "test1" has strings "string1" and "string2" in it. I want to transfer string1 and string2 into a completely new variable. Also, I want the transferred strings to be deleted from the original variable also.

Any ideas on how to do it?
user0101
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:59 pm   

Just to expand on that, I'm looking for a command that will retrieve the data stored in, let's say for example, Variable1 then transfer it to Variable2 in the manner I want - the first string, the entire string, the nth string, etc.
teknocide
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:06 pm   

#ALIAS transfer {#IF (!%null( %2)) {#IF (!%isnumber( %3)) {#VARIABLE %1 {@%2};#VARIABLE %2 {}} {#VARIABLE %1 {%item( @%2, %3)};#DELNITEM %2 (%3)}}}

will let you type transfer var1 var2 to take everything in var2 and move it to var1, or transfer var1 var2 4 to take the 4:th item of var2, and replace everything in var1 with it, while finally removing the 4:th item of stringlist var2
user0101
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:32 am   

Thanks Teknocide, but I need something that transfers strings onto a working string list. For example, Var2 has a list of all afflictions currently on my enemy, and Var1 has a list of afflictions I will be giving him. Every time I attack, it will give him 2 more afflictions, which I want added onto the *current* list he has. I need to transfer the first 2 strings on Var1, onto Var2, then have the transferred strings from Var1 be deleted. Every time I attack, I #echo what is contained inside Variable 2 (var2 is a real-time list of everything i've afflicted my opponent with).

Any way to transfer 2 strings into a variable without erasing everything in that target var?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:10 am   

Use #ADDItem if you don't want the variable to have duplicate items.
Use %additem if you do want the variable to have duplicate items.

#AL ListXfer1 {#ADDI test2 {%item( @test1, 1)};#ADDI test2 {%item( @test1, 2)};#DELN test1 1;#DELN test1 1}

#AL ListXfer2 {#VAR test2 {%additem( %item( @test1, 1), @test2)};#VAR test2 {%additem( %item( @test1, 2), @test2)};#DELN test1 1;#DELN test1 1}
user0101
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:36 am   

It works like a charm. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: